What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upgrading To Ipad Air

Dakotapix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been tempted with Target offering $200 minimum for trade-ins. I just seem to have a hard time parting with my wonderful iPad companion!
I let go of my first edition iPad yesterday at a local target store. Unfortunately Target was unable to get the Air in stock. I missed it so badly today that II went to Best Buy to get the Air. We can use the $200 gift card for Christmas shopping for four grand kids.

Liking the Air very much so far. Did the complete reset at the Target store and then the restore from a backup I did yesterday. Seamless so far, although there were quite a App updates to do as well as downloading the new, free Apps released by Apple. I didn't buy a new case but now I know the old case I had doesn't fit right I'll probably pop for a new one.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I let go of my first edition iPad yesterday at a local target store. Unfortunately Target was unable to get the Air in stock. I missed it so badly today that II went to Best Buy to get the Air. We can use the $200 gift card for Christmas shopping for four grand kids.

Liking the Air very much so far. Did the complete reset at the Target store and then the restore from a backup I did yesterday. Seamless so far, although there were quite a App updates to do as well as downloading the new, free Apps released by Apple. I didn't buy a new case but now I know the old case I had doesn't fit right I'll probably pop for a new one.
My change over went flawlessly too, you said free apps from Apple... Which ones were those?

APorter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Trading my original iPad at Target last week for the $200 gift card. They were out of iPad Air's so I planned on waiting awhile until they received new stock, but the waiting sucked so I'm picking the Air up from the Apple Store today. Was also able to get the mini today for my wife for Christmas.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got a cellular Air with 128gb. I'm giving my iPad 4 64gb cellular to my sis-in-law, who is a sweetheart. She's excited.

I've still got an iPad 2 64gb with cellular. I'm hanging onto it because I still like it on iOS 5.

applechick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone miss the larger device? I personally love the weight but I'm not sure if I miss holding a larger iPad- make sense?

Unleashed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone miss the larger device? I personally love the weight but I'm not sure if I miss holding a larger iPad- make sense?

The thing is with the black bits on the end the actual screen real estate is the same, the iPad air has more screen space even though it is smaller.

some times I feel like im holding an iPad mini though, I do understand what youre saying..

Zugzwang

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
plus.google.com
Can you tell everyone hear what the sound quality is like
Thanks

Better than most tablets, but still not good. I wish they had put the speakers on opposite sides in landscape, which would be better for movies. Stereo speakers a half inch apart is kind of a waste.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I got a cellular Air with 128gb. I'm giving my iPad 4 64gb cellular to my sis-in-law, who is a sweetheart. She's excited. I've still got an iPad 2 64gb with cellular. I'm hanging onto it because I still like it on iOS 5.

Pretty nice device to give to someone! Nice! :)

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I feel the same way. To me the lighter an object like a iPad or iPhone is the cheaper made the device seems to me. I am going to upgrade to either the iPad Air 128 or the IPad 4 128 when I get my tax refund back. Still deciding. From a comparison there really is not much difference.

Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 64GB

Most reactions

Latest posts