What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upgrading iPad 2 to iOS 7 when it is released. I have reservations!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So I still am on iOs 6.1 JB with my iPad 2 and wondering what folks who have upgraded to 7 think of the performance. I have held off due to performance concerns, but am thinking about updating. Thoughts?
the window for jailbreaking on iOS 7 is closing rapidly, with the upcoming release of iOS 7.1 in the next few weeks. If you want to jailbreak on iOS 7, you'll have to update before iOS 7.1 is released as iOS 7.1 plugs several jailbreak exploits and is currently not jailbreakable.

schwartzulous

iPF Noob
Reaction score
R
the window for jailbreaking on iOS 7 is closing rapidly, with the upcoming release of iOS 7.1 in the next few weeks. If you want to jailbreak on iOS 7, you'll have to update before iOS 7.1 is released as iOS 7.1 plugs several jailbreak exploits and is currently not jailbreakable.
Right, I am mostly wondering how well the 2 will do running 7.0.4...

ninety5eclipz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
R
Right, I am mostly wondering how well the 2 will do running 7.0.4...

I've been using my 2 on ios 7.0.4 for a few months. Love it. I have heard some negative feedback though. Some have issues with specific processes and others don't. I say go for it but it's ultimately up to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tarotgaladriel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I held off updating my ipad 2 until last week, as I too was worried it might slow it down. I have to say I have not had any issues and I'm really pleased I updated. I did a full backup before I started, wiped my ipad and restored it using itunes, as this is what I was advised to do at the apple store, a fresh install is safer. I'm pleased to say mine went very well and I haven't looked back.

kidneyshot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm also onan iPad 2 with iOS 7.0.4. No problems and I am happy.

schwartzulous

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for everyone's feedback! It is appreciated. I went ahead and updated my iPad 2 to 7.0.4 and JB. So far it seems to be fine performance-wise. Opening links from Twitter and other apps still seems to be very sluggish, but that may be a hardware issue? clicking a weblink from Twitter, sometimes I have to close the window and re-open to get the link to "take". Other than that, I like the format of iOs 7 very much on the iPad.

Henrique

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for everyone's feedback! It is appreciated. I went ahead and updated my iPad 2 to 7.0.4 and JB. So far it seems to be fine performance-wise. Opening links from Twitter and other apps still seems to be very sluggish, but that may be a hardware issue? clicking a weblink from Twitter, sometimes I have to close the window and re-open to get the link to "take". Other than that, I like the format of iOs 7 very much on the iPad.

I waited as long as i could to update my ipad 2, actually from ios 5.1 straight to 7.06.
Since i own an 3rd gen ipod updated to ios 5 that became almost unusable, I was decided not to update my ipad 2.
I just did because some apps wouldn't run any longer on ios 5.
Surprisingly, it does seem it became faster and according to the ipad usage counter, battery is lasting for almost 20 hours (in use), with full charge.
I don't even know if that is correct, but it does seem that battery lasts longer than with ios 5.1.
I have no regrets from the upgrade, actually I like it in all aspects better than the previous ios.

Most reactions