What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upgraded to ipad 2 but was it the right choice??

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I took the plunge and upgraded to the iPad 2, I have a bad feeling that their will be an ipad 3 out in November but that's ages away so what the hell!

The iPad 2 was eating away at me, goading me infact so I had to buy it!

I wanted the 32gb wifi but my local pc world only had the 32gb wifi 3G black or a 64gb wifi in White, I didn't want the White so chose the black one instead, but I'm not sure i'm going to use the 3G (maybe when I go on Hols?) as I normally tether my iPhone.

It feels weird as well, like somethings not quite right, but so far I am loving the iPad 2, don't know if it's because it's new but the screen seems more vivid, and I love the multi touch gestures although I keep forgetting to use them!

What do you guys think about your purchase??

ipaduser434

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Love my white 32GB/3G. It goes everywhere with me. First Apple product and a darn good decision. I like the independence of 3G no matter where I am. This was important to me because I don't have an iPhone and don't want one.

Doubt there will be any generation three in November. Apple will barely be caught up with supplying generation two by then.

EARL97850

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I took the plunge and upgraded to the iPad 2, I have a bad feeling that their will be an ipad 3 out in November but that's ages away so what the hell!

I wanted the 32gb wifi but my local pc world only had the 32gb wifi 3G black or a 64gb wifi in White, I didn't want the White so chose the black one instead, but I'm not sure i'm going to use the 3G (maybe when I go on Hols?) as I normally tether my iPhone.

It feels weird as well, like somethings not quite right, but so far I am loving the iPad 2, don't know if it's because it's new but the screen seems more vivid, and I love the multi touch gestures although I keep forgetting to use them!

I just ordered my iPad2 black 32gb 3G model which is back ordered for 3-4 weeks, but maybe it'll come in sooner than later.

Maybe I missed something, but where did you get the information that there might be a iPad3 coming out in November? That is the first I've heard that at all.

Cya

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I just ordered my iPad2 black 32gb 3G model which is back ordered for 3-4 weeks, but maybe it'll come in sooner than later.

Maybe I missed something, but where did you get the information that there might be a iPad3 coming out in November? That is the first I've heard that at all.

Cya

It's the same rumor that starts right after every Apple product is released. It has no basis in fact. These things usually are started by people who have a previous generation device who are trying to make the people who've upgraded doubt their decision. Don't you love the Internet! :)

NAYo2002

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's the same rumor that starts right after every Apple product is released. It has no basis in fact. These things usually are started by people who have a previous generation device who are trying to make the people who've upgraded doubt their decision. Don't you love the Internet! :)

Yep, I didn't get my girlfriend an iPad for her birthday in Aug because there were rumors last year that iPad 2 will be released in September. Once Sept went and passed, the rumor became "after thanksgiving." I got sick of waiting and ended up getting one for her for Christmas anyway though.

It just simply doesn't make sense for Apple to come out with an iPad 3 that soon. Has Apple ever released any next gen iPod/iPhone in the same year? At earliest, iPad 3 will be out before the holidays season. More realistically prob will come out March/April timeframe.

dabears

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Love my white 32GB/3G. It goes everywhere with me. First Apple product and a darn good decision. I like the independence of 3G no matter where I am. This was important to me because I don't have an iPhone and don't want one.

Doubt there will be any generation three in November. Apple will barely be caught up with supplying generation two by then.

Even though I have an iPhone I still like the idea of having 3G iPad as well.

EARL97850

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Even though I have an iPhone I still like the idea of having 3G iPad as well.

I thought about just getting the wifi model packaged with the myfi2200 through Verizon for quite a discount but couldn't quite pull the trigger. I tried to tie in the new Samsung 4G Hotspot modem instead of the Myfi2200 3G but they wouldn't do it.

I like the idea of having 3G access when I need it. I also like it all wrapped up in one device without having to tether anything. Sooooooo I bowed my head in shame and bit the bullet and bought the brand new 32gig 3G. Haha!!

I really didn't plan on getting an iPad right now, it just was a fleeing thought that snowballed into a purchase. I can't deny that I'm looking forward to the day it shows up at the doorstep.

Cya

OP
addiosamigo

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just miss my jb :(, I keep swiping the top of the screen, to pull down sbsettings, I miss retina pad, I miss ifiles! Ah man.

Also another niggle, with displayout I can mirror full screen with the hdmi adaptor but the iPad 2 shows it with big black borders??

richrocks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the WIFI 3G model simply because I travel for a living. It means I have 100% connectivity wherever I go.

I chose a 3G carrier different to my iPhone carrier so that should I be in a weak signal area for my iPad, I can use the WIFI hotspot function on my iPhone as a workaround.

However, if I was only using my iPad at home, and at the odd place where I knew there was a WIFI hotspot, maybe just a WIFi version would be adequate.

I'm based in Spain and when I travel to the UK I just change over my SIM to a UK carrier.

I would just advise anyone considering buying one to think about how and where they will use it.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
addiosamigo

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I only brought the wifi/3G model because I didn't want to wait! Lol

Im going to Italy in september, can I just get a payg sim from 3 when I'm over there??

richrocks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Possibly. I assume 3 operate there? If so, check out their website before you go. You may be able to pre-order one to an address there, or arrange a collection from a store.

I ordered my UK sim from O2, and had it delivered to my friends address in the UK. Maybe you could do something similar?

What I have learnt is that different carriers have different rules and it also depends on the country. So some research what definitely not go amiss.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts