What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updating to IOS 7

patrauch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried to update my Ipad 2 16 GB today and I get the message that the update takes 2.9 GB of storage and I only have 1.0 GB available. In looking at my usage on the Ipad, my music is taking 9.4 GB of storage. When I look at Itunes on my laptop, it says the same music is 4.89 GB. What am I missing? I really don't want to delete any of my music.

AppleForYum

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a Gen 4 16GB iPad and ran into the same thing yesterday. Tons of my photos were duplicated in multiple folders. So I cut those down. Then took some apps off I don't use. Freed up about 3.4 Mb. I was able to install iOS 7 fine. Takes a couple hours though. So far I like it but there is a gentle learning curve to overcome.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
BTW, the extra storage space required for the update is freed up after the update is completed.

OP
P

patrauch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scifan57, so if I delete all my music, update the ipad and then sync the ipad with itunes again, that should work??

Btw, thanks for the replies.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
scifan57, so if I delete all my music, update the ipad and then sync the ipad with itunes again, that should work?? Btw, thanks for the replies.
you don't have to delete all your music, you just have to free up enough storage for the update to take place. Do you have any apps or videos that you could delete? It would be easier to download them after the update than re-downloading your entire music collection.

OP
P

patrauch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have gone in and deleted every app except the ones I use all the time and I still don't have enough space.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have gone in and deleted every app except the ones I use all the time and I still don't have enough space.
have you considered doing a backup of your iPad, then doing a full update and restore through iTunes?

anmanwar

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So this is going to sound dumb but I can't figure out the new camera? How do I get it to switch to "square" or "video"?? I keep tapping the words but it just stays on photo?

AppleForYum

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So this is going to sound dumb but I can't figure out the new camera? How do I get it to switch to "square" or "video"?? I keep tapping the words but it just stays on photo?

Slide up & down. Had the same snag. Hold shutter button or volume to burst shoot.

Most reactions