What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cant install iOS6 on my iPad 2

SASGeek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just tried to upgrade the iOS on my iPad 2 from iOS5 to iOS6. When I check for software update it it shows iOS6 but the Download and install link is grayed out. it says that 2.2GB of available storage is necessary but when I look at usage it says that I have 14.3 GB available.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

-d

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Are you on wifi? I Believe if you only have 3G where you are, it will grey out the download option due to the size of the download required.

OP
S

SASGeek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you on wifi? I Believe if you only have 3G where you are, it will grey out the download option due to the size of the download required.

Yes I'm on WiFi. I upgraded my iPhone 4s without a problem, any other ideas?

Thanks for trying.

-d

Davenewlove

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It wouldn't let me install it on my iPad, I just went to iTunes backed it up and did a restore

Worked for me

dunbarhamlin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SASGeek said:
I just tried to upgrade the iOS on my iPad 2 from iOS5 to iOS6. When I check for software update it it shows iOS6 but the Download and install link is grayed out. it says that 2.2GB of available storage is necessary but when I look at usage it says that I have 14.3 GB available.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

-d

Consider yourself very lucky. I'm completely fed up. Not being able to back out of a bad upgrade is the final straw. Will be looking for an android much sooner than I had intended.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dunbarhamlin said:
Consider yourself very lucky. I'm completely fed up. Not being able to back out of a bad upgrade is the final straw. Will be looking for an android much sooner than I had intended.

This thread is about a members problem with upgrading to iOS 6, whilst you, personally, do not like it is immaterial, we have a number of threads, which you have posted in, to let us know your thoughts on iOS 6 so please don't post anymore off topic posts on this subject.

The Archangel

LA Ulep

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem.... I'm on wifi and when download reaches approx 548mb, which ran for almost 2 hours, an error showed and I've repeating the download process.... still no success upgrading to iOS 6

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Assuming your iPad is synced with a PC/Mac, I would try this route, using iTunes for the upgrade. Your best bet is to run through a full sync cycle to ensure your iPad is fully backed up then, follow the onscreen instructions to upgrade your version of iOS.

The Archangel

LA Ulep

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was able to upgrade to ios6, though it was though my friends macbook (my pc is undergoing some updates as well). unfortunately, all my apps, specially mine has been jailbroken got lost.... now I'm starting over again..

BTW, appreciate links to ios6 jailbreak for ipad2. TIA

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
LA Ulep said:
I was able to upgrade to ios6, though it was though my friends macbook (my pc is undergoing some updates as well). unfortunately, all my apps, specially mine has been jailbroken got lost.... now I'm starting over again..

BTW, appreciate links to ios6 jailbreak for ipad2. TIA

At the current time there is no jailbreak for an iPad 2 running iOS 6. Keep watching the hacking section of the forums. As soon as a jailbreak becomes available it will be announced there, along with instructions on implementing it.

Most reactions

Latest posts