What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated to 8.1.3, not happy...

Blue92

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I updated my iPhone first by downloading into iTunes then installing. Went OK

Moved on to update iPad 2. Either I missed it or it didn't offer to download then update. It did the update via wifi.

I normally keep @ 6GB free all the time. During the update it went to -0- but finally completed.

Started it up only to discover that my 78-80 Kindle books are gone.... Not sure what else, if anything is missing.

I did a restore of the backup I did just prior to updating and -0- changed.

"Lost" about 75-80 books. Not really gone but it will be a PITA to retrieve again from Amazon and my Calibre libraries......

First time or two I opened the Kindle app it told me the book was missing and to "re-register" the application. No longer does that and I have my @ 6GB of free space back.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The Kindle app doesn't back up it's library, so if something happens it's gone. Neither does iBooks.

They both depend on the idea that you can just download or sync your books again for free. The side loading is all at your own risk, so always keep copies of those elsewhere; as you apparently did.

OP
Blue92

Blue92

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh yeah. I've done IT work for more than 25 years so I have a tendency to backup data. Total loss of data = 0.

Still frustrating. Hopefully it won't happen again.

I didn't lose anything from iBooks, only from the Kindle application.

Thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts