What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kindle Update

claynlr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a notice for a Kindle update. After clicking on the update numerous times it never finishes and I can't get to my books. When I click on the Kindle icon it just starts the update process all over again. How can I cancel the update and be able to get to my Kindle content?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have a notice for a Kindle update. After clicking on the update numerous times it never finishes and I can't get to my books. When I click on the Kindle icon it just starts the update process all over again. How can I cancel the update and be able to get to my Kindle content?
Just tap on the download progress icon on the right side of the app listing on the updates page. This cancels the update.

OP
C

claynlr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just tap on the download progress icon on the right side of the app listing on the updates page. This cancels the update.
Would that be on the updates page on the App Store? I do not see a progress icon. On the kindle icon on my home it says downloading (and the icon is darkened) but when I click on that it pauses download. But the download always fails and the kindle icon stays dark and won't let me tap to get to my books....it just starts trying to download again!

OP
C

claynlr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am not sure if I got the update or not but my Kindle icon is bright now and I can get to my books! It is still showing up that a Kindle update is available at the app store so maybe it did not update. Thanks for the help!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Would that be on the updates page on the App Store? I do not see a progress icon. On the kindle icon on my home it says downloading (and the icon is darkened) but when I click on that it pauses download. But the download always fails and the kindle icon stays dark and won't let me tap to get to my books....it just starts trying to download again!
It's the updates page in the App Store. Where it says open in this screenshot, it would say update if an update is available. Tapping on update replaces it with the circular update icon. Tapping on it will delete the update and bring back the update button.
image.jpg

Most reactions

Latest posts