What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updated Apps and screen orientation

ColinCampbell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently updated several apps on my iPad. Some of them were free games, but I also updated Facebook, Weather.com, etc. when I log out of Facebook, the splash screen always shows in portrait, while I almost always use my iPad in landscape mode. Some of the games display in portrait after I close the ad.

I have not updated to the latest iOS, as I don't want to lose the old Maps app.

Is this really misbehavior by the apps, or is it because some programming interface has changed, and I haven't installed the latest operating system, or something else?
Thanks,
Colin

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
TBH, I think it's lazy programming by the developer in that they only designed a splash screen in portrait mode. Or, they didn't make a new one when they developed the app for the iPad. A lot of these apps that have portrait-only splash screens came originally from the iPhone (which doesn't do landscape). So, a landscape screen was forgotten (or ignored).

All that to say - you're fine. It's the app not you; and, as long as it works fine once the app loads, I wouldn't worry.

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts