What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Legacy iPhone/iPod apps and landscape orientation?

MachThree

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is a silly question but if I use a legacy iPod Touch or iPhone app that doesn't take advantage of the iPad's full screen, it seems to always display the app as if I've got the iPad oriented in "portrait" mode, even if I'm holding it in the landscape orientation. I'd have to look at the app sideways to use it, which is annoying because my case props up the iPad in landscape orientation but is useless for portrait. Is there some way that iOS can rotate the whole legacy app, am I doing something wrong, or is there no way to get this to happen?

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The app has to support rotation on the native device (iPhone/iPod Touch). If it doesn't the iPad will not rotate it, even though there is enough room to do so. I assume that is because it would interfere with the pixel doubling, or maybe because it is simply replicating it exactly as it would be on the iPhone/Touch.

Michael

Most reactions

Latest posts