What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Update IOS 6.1

iZach

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I updated my iPad 3, iPad Mini, and iPhone 5. No improvements or problems for me so far. No harm, no foul.

Sent from my iPad 3 using iPF

Chalicemedia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.chalicemedia.com
Piece of cake, 2 devices over wifi. Hit the update button and had cuppa. When iwas done so were the updates. iPad4 & iPhone G3s. No worries since updates.

iPad 1 WiFi/3G 32 GB, iPad 4 WiFi 64 GB

Pharlap

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have updated to 6.1 and have noticed an improvement in wifi connections and battery consumption .Loading of some games a bit laggy .the only gripe i wish they had the same 3G or 4G speeds as i have with iphone
Maybe one day

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sure. I did my mom's iPad2 last night. It was a very quick and uneventful process.

Is there a reason why you are asking - are you having troubles...?

Marilyn

TheGreatD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm still on iOS 5.1.1. Was just curious how's battery drain in 6.1, is it better than 5.1.1 . Really eager to update but not really to sure. I like that new feature under general and usage that tells you your standby time and how long you have had the iPad operational between charges. Does 6.1 have better battery life than 5.1.1? Sorry if this Q has been asked many times.

Thanks in advance

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
TheGreatD said:
I'm still on iOS 5.1.1. Was just curious how's battery drain in 6.1, is it better than 5.1.1 . Really eager to update but not really to sure. I like that new feature under general and usage that tells you your standby time and how long you have had the iPad operational between charges. Does 6.1 have better battery life than 5.1.1? Sorry if this Q has been asked many times.

Thanks in advance

As I replied to your other inquiry, it's definitely not any worse. I've had no issues at all with battery life. I would go ahead and update, not reading any reports of battery problems and if there were several complaints we'd have heard about them by now.

TheGreatD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
s2mikey said:
As I replied to your other inquiry, it's definitely not any worse. I've had no issues at all with battery life. I would go ahead and update, not reading any reports of battery problems and if there were several complaints we'd have heard about them by now.

Thank you sir for replying once again :) I'm more than 75 % sure of updating to 6.1 :)

Docvan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
Sure. I did my mom's iPad2 last night. It was a very quick and uneventful process.

Is there a reason why you are asking - are you having troubles...?

Marilyn

Thanks for the info and asking. In previous threads here on IPF quite a few folks were reporting problems with the update to ios 6.0, such as missing camera rolls, lost music, poor wifi performance, batteries draining, etc. In contrast, the two pages or so about iOS 6.1 don't seem to be as scary. No problems yet because I haven't tried updating yet. Can you indicate about hw long it took to do your moms ipad2 (mine is a 64gb ipad3).

emoreira

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've updated my IPAD 2 to the new 6.1 OS.
At least the only thing I've noticed is that the video streaming is not working. Youtube videos work, but videos inserted in newspapers web sites do not work. Appears the Play triangle crossed.

Most reactions

Latest posts