What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Untethered jailbreak for iPad 1 with iOS 5.1

barrygordon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there any word on an untethered jailbreak for an iPad 1 running iOS 5.1? I have done the tethered jailbreak but would really prefer the untethered.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nope, nothin official yet. Though there are comments over in the Official iPad2 Jailbreak thread, there is nothing out for the rank and file.

Patience, good sir. :)

Marilyn

andrewak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
barrygordon said:
Is there any word on an untethered jailbreak for an iPad 1 running iOS 5.1? I have done the tethered jailbreak but would really prefer the untethered.
Do you've find any advantages of 5.1 on iPad1? I mean in compare with 5.0.1?

andrewak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
No, not really, TBH. I don't think the changes made to the iOS warrant a move up. But, that's me...

Marilyn

Thank you for your opinion.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
A fellow forum member, dragon499, has found a neat video that shows the new iPad already jail broken (untethered) on iOS 5.1. Take a look at it over here: Official iPad3 Jailbreak Thread - Page 2

So, we can rest assured that an untethered jail break is being worked on (because jail breaks work on the iOS, so any iPad3 jail break should work on the other iPads running the same iOS). Just keep on with the patient waiting. :)

Marilyn

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The only real difference between 5.1 and 5.0.1 is the promotion of photos. That's about it. There's no battery draining hotfix. The bigger changes outside of the backstage stuff all revolve around photos. It's not the most impressive patch but I guess it was Apple's high-time idea to screw the jailbreaking community over a little by not signing 5.0.1s anymore. The JB for 5.1 untethered on non-A5 devices should come relatively soon since they are a bit easier to backdoor compared to the A5 devices.

andrewak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
darthluke12694 said:
I accidentally updated my iPad 1 to 5.1 and there is pretty much no difference. No new features or anything.

Do you use Pages & Numbers apps? This two of purchased be me are reporting to have updates not compatible to 5.0.1. Does they have some real improvement, or it is mostly marketing?

Taliban T

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tethered jailbreak

Can you please give me links for the things i need to jailbreak my Ipad 1 with iOS 5.1. And also how it was done.

Most reactions

Latest posts