What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unfair Apple warranty

Reaction score
Find apple apple warranty so very unfair. Or maybe not the warranty but the implimentation.

What type of damages are not covered by my warranty?
Apple's Limited Warranty for iPad excludes coverage for damage resulting from accident, disassembly, unauthorized service and unauthorized modifications. Please review the warranty for further details.

An iPad that is ineligible for warranty service may be eligible for Out-of-Warranty (OOW) Service. For example, an iPad that has failed due to damage or liquid damage is ineligible for warranty service but may be eligible for OOW service. However, certain damage is ineligible for OOW service, including catastrophic damage, such as the device separating into multiple pieces, and inoperability caused by unauthorized modifications. Please seeApple's Repair Terms and Conditions for further details.

NOT SO TRUE!!!
If your ipad got a physical damage, even if it does not affect any internal hardware, you better pray hard that no future hardware malfunction happens because unfortunately APPLE will not care. Their warranty will not cover any problem even if it is not caused by any of the above mentioned.

You are very sad because you had your precious ipad dented. You cannot have it replaced because dent is not covered by warranty. but its okay as long as it is working perpectly well.

Then one day your device could not read the simcard. Everything is perfectly okay, even the wifi. No problem you can use your ipad at home, but of course you also want to use it while on move but how if simcard is not detected?

Sorry my friend, APPLE will not repair it because your ipad has a dent.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why would any standard warranty cover damage caused by the owner? If you drop your iPad, how do you know what's damaged or not, or what shows up later because you dropped it?

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A creative way of reposting yet another rant about Apple not replacing an iPad shattered by user *sigh*

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 With IOS 5.01 Update From NYC using iPF

OP
R
Reaction score
I had hoped that it was clear that the damage was not caused by me. It was painfull enough to have your ipad dented and i never complained about it. What i am complaining is the simcard not being detected. The dent is at the upper rigth corner while simcard is at the left side. The service center itself confirmed that the simcard malfunction is not related to the dent.

OP
R
Reaction score
My ipad is not shattered. It only has a small dent and it is working perfectly well except for the recent malfunction of simcard reader.

OP
R
Reaction score
You may read the letter below from Apple service at singapore.

Thank you for your email.

As an Apple Authorised Service Provider, we are required to abide by Apple's warranty coverage and policies. Hence, having said that, any exceptions or so is unfortunately beyond our limitations here. Unfortunately we would not be able to proceed with an in-warranty replacement for your unit, irregardless of circumstances. However we do understand that this dent may not be in relation with the SIM Card failure, but with regards to Apple's Limited Warranty, unit would not be eligible for warranty coverage should there be a single dent, more than 4mm or multiple dents. These would be classified as a paid service.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If I may make a suggestion?

Take your concern directly to Apple - not the "Apple Authorized Service Provider." I suggest sending an e-mail to Apple with this e-mail as an attachment. Explain that the dent is on the opposite side of the iPad.

Maybe taking the matter to the next highest level will help. However, all we can do is commiserate and sympathize. We have no official ties with Apple.

But - what we can do is provide you with Apple's customer service contact information. It is: Apple - Support - Contact Support

Overall - forget about dealing with the repair guy who won't work with you on fixing your iPad. Go directly to Apple. Sorry about your troubles and good luck.

Marilyn

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The authorized dealer acknowledges that the SIM prob MAY not be linked. There's no "confirmation" that it's not linked, but as Marilyn says, you'd be better off appealing to Apple directly.

Before you do that, if you've not already, you should try a new SIM card or two. It's pretty common for SIM cards to fail. Best to try a SIM card that you know is working in another device. There've been instances when a batch of new SIM cards are duds even at carrier stores.

Most reactions

Latest posts