What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

apple service very disappointed

pkarem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had Ipad 2 3g wi-fi, for 2 weeks, loved it. Was looking at buying 10 more for employees at my company. Dog decided to bite it! Cracked screen and digitizer. Sent back to Apple. Had extended warranty but knew that i would have to pay to fix, since it was my fault. No problem my fault my pay! They sent it back to me said unrepairable. I repaired unit for $200, and found out Apple never even opened unit. Is Apple service alwasy this bad? Is this what i can expect from future Apple service?

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I find this unbelievable. Apple doesn't typically repair ~ they replace and usually even if it was your fault, as a one time courtesy.

How did you find out Apple never opened the box?

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had Ipad 2 3g wi-fi, for 2 weeks, loved it. Was looking at buying 10 more for employees at my company. Dog decided to bite it! Cracked screen and digitizer. Sent back to Apple. Had extended warranty but knew that i would have to pay to fix, since it was my fault. No problem my fault my pay! They sent it back to me said unrepairable. I repaired unit for $200, and found out Apple never even opened unit. Is Apple service alwasy this bad? Is this what i can expect from future Apple service?

Sorry friend, but both the "dog ate my iPad" story and the treatment you claim you received from Apple seem so, ahem, unusual that I suspect many of us have difficulty giving it much credence. Not to say that you're just stirring the pot with a fantasy but you'd have to provide more details about (a) how your dog's biting your iPad "cracked the screen and digitizer(?)"; (b) how you became embroiled in an "extended warranty" issue within a couple of weeks of purchasing your iPad; (c) how you "repaired (the) unit for $200"; (d) how you determined they never opened the unit; (e) exactly how and why Apple "sent it back (and) said (it was) unrepairable."

All in all, I smell fish.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Sorry friend, but both the "dog ate my iPad" story and the treatment you claim you received from Apple seem so, ahem, unusual that I suspect many of us have difficulty giving it much credence. Not to say that you're just stirring the pot with a fantasy but you'd have to provide more details about (a) how your dog's biting your iPad "cracked the screen and digitizer(?)"; (b) how you became embroiled in an "extended warranty" issue within a couple of weeks of purchasing your iPad; (c) how you "repaired (the) unit for $200"; (d) how you determined they never opened the unit; (e) exactly how and why Apple "sent it back (and) said (it was) unrepairable."

All in all, I smell fish.
i had a recent problem with my ipad and after a visit to the apple store and a couple of calls to apple care i was put on to someone higher up who sorted out my problem even tho they didnt really have to as such,i was emailed that the part was ordered then another to say it was shipped and i got it within 2 days,that was my first experience and i cant complain.

OP
P

pkarem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My great dane chewed on my brookstone Ipad case, and thats how it happened. When i opened the unit to replace the screen and digiizer you could tell that it was never opened by the glass pieces still attached, and the double sided tape which holds the glass was never touched. I would have tried to go to an ipad store but its 100 miles from here.

Most reactions