What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jail broken iPad 1

Environmentalvik

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad stopped allowing chat on Facebook so I downloaded some aps advertised to fix this, turned out one of them (Cydia) jailbreaked my iPad & am not sure if this has caused more problems. If I do a re-set via iTunes will this undo the jailbreak?

Thanks

Vic

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You downloaded an app, Cydia, and it JB your ipad? Just like that? You must go through steps to JB. What apps, just out of curiosity, did you download to fix your Facebook problem?

I moved your thread to our Hacking section. :)

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You downloaded an app, Cydia, and it JB your ipad? Just like that? You must go through steps to JB. What apps, just out of curiosity, did you download to fix your Facebook problem?

I moved your thread to our Hacking section. :)

Same thing happened to me. No wait, Bob not Cydia broke my iPad. So never mind.

Actually, I listened to a rant yesterday from someone who said he downloaded and installed a Cydia app that broke his iPad. I said you cannot load or install Cydia unless you JB and that is a very specific process.

Perhaps something is happening on the Web that is leading people to think their problems stem from Cydia and how she is breaking all of those iPads. What say you all . . . any of you hear these same kinds of stories?

Most reactions

Latest posts