What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unable to view Apple WWDC 2010 keynote address on ipad

Fotonutz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, does anyone have problems watching the WWDC on their iPads?

I keep getting this icon that prevents me from watching the video on my iPad. Initially, I thought it was a region setting that prevents me from watching, but when I used my iMac 24" to view the videos, I had no problems.

Incidentally, I'm linked to the WWDC address from Apple's homepage. Had problems with the keynote, but not the other two videos on the iPhone.

It says you can watch the video on demand exclusively here in Quicktime and MPEG4. Thought the iPad supports MPEG4?

e2d3ab73.jpg

OP
Fotonutz

Fotonutz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmmm.....strange!

Anyone from other countries face this problem?

Tried again and still cannot view the video.

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have that problem occasionally on both the iPad and iPhone, sometimes when I refresh it then I can few it, sometimes not.

OP
Fotonutz

Fotonutz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank god it's not only me.......

Thought I screwed up some firmware or something.
Well, I tried again just now and still no luck.

Wonder what's the issue with the video. Codec problems or incompatible encoding ?

OP
Fotonutz

Fotonutz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Wot-Fan,
I'm using the default Safari Browser.

Hi Numblock,
I tried using your link and I got a cross right across the play button also and it can't play.

Hi Izzy
Are you able to click on Numblock's link and see if you can play? If yes, that would mean that there could be a regional issue. Will prob highlight this to Apple.

Most reactions