What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

10,000 iPad Apps — Store Doubled In The Past Six Weeks from TechCrunch by MG Siegler

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple Hits 10,000 iPad Apps — Store Doubled In The Past Six Weeks

from TechCrunch by MG Siegler

102.png
During his keynote address at WWDC on Monday, Apple CEO Steve Jobs rattled off some key statistics. Among them was that there are 8,500 native iPad apps. Actually, at the time, Apple had over 9,000, but we’ll let that slide. How do I know how many app there were? Because unlike other stores Apple oversees, they actually posts the number of apps available for the iPad. And that number just hit 10,000.
If you go to the App Store app on the iPad and click on the “Release Date†area, you can see the total for yourself. Along the top of that area, it will read “1 – 12 of xxxx†— “xxxx†being the current number of apps that are built to run on the iPad.
Back at the end of April, it was reported that Apple was approaching 5,000 iPad apps (actually, they were past that number at the time). That means that in about six weeks, the iPad App Store has doubled in size. Given the iPad’s stellar sales, this is hardly a surprise.

Last edited:

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd still like them to make some decent apps that seem to be missing. Facebook with the ability to upload photos would be nice.

The recently released iGrandmaFart Sound Board is not something I think of as a quality app. I'd rather have quality over quantity.

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I really get tired of having to scroll through all the junk apps too. I think they need a premium app store, those of better quality and yes, I'm sure, a higher price. Unfortunately there is a lot of good stuff that gets overlooked by many people because there is so much junk to wade through. And not everyone checks for new apps on a daily basis like I do! They may only see what is in the top charts and never see some really good stuff.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wish I could sort out the Asian and other foreign language apps on appshopper, too.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Browsing the AppStore has now become a chore.
It desperately needs revamping.

Most reactions