What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple WWDC 2011 Keynote

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Recap of today's WWDC (World Wide Developer's Conference) Keynote speech by Steve Jobs and friends. Lots of interesting news about OS X Lion, iOS 5 and particularly Apple's new iCloud.

Live Update: WWDC keynote address | Computers | Macworld

The differences between OS X and iOS continue to evaporate. I'm using the developer's version of OS X Lion as we speak and it's not just an update. There are a lot of major improvements over Snow Leopard. Best news is that it will be available next month and only cost $29.99 from the Mac App Store and it will be good for all of our Macs!

I'm really looking forward to seeing some of the iOS 5's improvements and features on my iPad and iPhone this fall.

Really happy to see that I can have access to all of my music on all of my devices, including my ripped CD's, on iCloud soon as well!

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Amazing that the stock price is down almost 2% after this. Sell on the news... no matter what? :)

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, no new hardware but there are a huge amount of changes. There might be some doubt regarding how well Apple can make the transition.

johnl316

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have tried to install OSX Lion on my intel Mac Mini but it will not install.

I assume that the version that ships soon will not install either.

OP
R

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have tried to install OSX Lion on my intel Mac Mini but it will not install.

I assume that the version that ships soon will not install either.
If it's an Intel Mini there's no reason it wouldn't install...that is if you're a developer. OS X 10.7 (Lion) isn't available to the general public yet.

I'm running the latest developer version on my iMac and as a second boot drive on my Macbook Air and it works very well. I could try it on one of my Mini's to see if there's an issue I suppose.

Let me know your details and I'll try to lend a hand.

Most reactions

Latest posts