What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unable to Print Using Air Print

Steveo1423

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been at this for a few days now, and cannot figure out the problem. When I am trying to print something using Air Print from my iPad, it says it cannot detect the printer. Here's what I got:

iPad
HP Photosmart 6510 Printer
Linksys EA 2700 Router

I found a link on these forums somewhere that noted the different printers that are Air Print compatible, mine is on it. I called Cisco to see if the router supports Bonjour, and the girl was clueless at first but after digging through things she said that yes this router supports it. And lastly, my iPad and printer are on the same network.

If someone could give me some insight on this I would be eternally grateful.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Steveo - welcome to the forum! :)

I would first suggest that you 'power recycle' the printer, router, & the iPad, i.e. turn off the power (or pull the power adapters, as needed); then turn on the router (wait about 30 secs or so) followed by the printer, and finally restart the iPad and try again. Instructions for this process can be found on the HP website HERE.

If the above does not help, then a firmware update to the printer might help, also discussed on the link above. Good luck and please post back if still having a problem.

Most reactions

Latest posts