What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unable to Locate Photo Album File

Moneypenny16

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All,

New to the world of ipad2 and to this forum so please be gentle with me :)

I appear to have lost a photo album which was placed onto my iPad2 from a SD card and desperate to locate it.

Background...... Originally when selecting iphoto there were two albums - one of pictures taken via the ipad2 and the other pictures downloaded from SD direct. I was hoping to transfer this file to my iMac and having connected the two devices an "auto-sync" message appeared on the iPad2. Following that process the only photo albums now showing are 'rolling camera' and 'last updated'.

Where is the SD downloaded album gone to? :confused:

Pls help hopefully not lost :(.............thanks inadvance.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - you need the advice of one of our most frequent posters and the person who knows everything about synchronisation. He lives on the West Coast of the US so he's asleep now..but he'll be around soon for sure. Don't do anything rash in the meantime....

Tim

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sounds strange. The Imported albums should have stayed. Are any of the pictures you took in the Camera Roll, or the Last Updated roll? The names may have just changed.

iTunes should not have removed any pictures from the iPad, at least not anything on the Camera Roll or Imported folders. It normally only does stuff with folders that are synced directly from the computer.

The only other thing I can think of is if you've got a program (besides iTunes) that opens when the iPad connects. Many photo programs can be set to launch on camera detection, and the iPad is sometimes detected as a camera. If that program was set to automatically download pictures and delete them from the camera, that might do it. I have a hard time believing you wouldn't catch it in the act though. There should be at least a couple dialog boxes, warnings, etc in the process.

But if it happened your pictures would be in that program on the computer.

If all else fails, try a restart and/or a reset and see it the folders reappear.

Thats all I can think of at the moment.

Most reactions

Latest posts