What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unable to Copy and paste links from Safari

ctemple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since the last iOS 8.01 update I have been unable to use the cut and paste or copy and paste of links from Safari. I wiped my ipad and started again and it worked for a while but it stopped working. It's as if there were two different clipboards. I keep looking at forums but no one mentions this issue, I can't believe l'm the only one. I don't want to waste space installing another browser, I want it fixed. It should work, it did before.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, welcome to iPF!

Here's a thread about a similar problem, although not exactly the same: http://www.ipadforums.net/threads/unable-to-copy-paste-consistently.124439/
You're not the only one with problems when copying/pasting. While there's no solution yet, you could send feedback to Apple. The link can be found in the thread.

One more tip:
After updating, reset your iPad. This might remove a few glitches you'd experience otherwise, and it could help a bit in your case.

Last edited:

readyfreddie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello ctempol, I have ios.8 on my Ipad- air and cut and paste works fine. I know you said it once worked, so I don't know how you do your, but the way I do on mine is open the page in safari hold my finger on the page until you see a drop down that says copy/define, once you touch this drop down it should highlight with little dark blue dots. Take your finger and place on the bottom dot and pull down, it will highlight the what you need to copy, then touch copy, this will copy that high lighted area. At this point you can go to any document that you can paste to. Place your finger in the blank space on the document and it will be paste to the document. Hope this help.

OP
ctemple

ctemple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well i had an ipad for 5 years and i 'm pretty sure that i know all the methods of cutting and pasting. This is a bug that many people have and although i followed J.A.'s suggestions the unreliabilty of the cut and paste in safari in my mini ipad updated to the latest ios persists. I have now abandoned safari and use google chrome. I'm very unhappy about the bug taking so long to get fixed. Truly annoying

OP
ctemple

ctemple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
many thanks downloading now, I didn't get a notification about new update

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The cut and paste issue in safari should be fixed with the latest update. Mine workd before but not all the time. Now, should be good for everyone!

Most reactions