What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unable to copy & paste consistently

Ebburtis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a new mini and updates n receipt of it had to load the new OS, so I don't know whether this is a mini/hardware issue or if it is an issue with the software. I am unable to cut/copy and paste accurately. What happens is that I can select the item, text or link and select copy or cut, but when I do the paste, it's some older text that I've copied. Occasionally it works, but usually not, so it is inconsistent.

Any thoughts?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This seems to be a bug that happens to other users as well since the update. I've experienced it too.

Here's what you could try, but I don't know if it will help:
Force close apps - double tap the Home button to show the multitask bar, slide thumbnails above the app icons towards the top of the screen.

Restart your iPad - turn it off, then on again.

Reset it - press and hold Home and Power button simultaneoulsy until the Apple logo appears, release them and let the iPad power up.

Restore your iPad - back it up, erase all content and settings and set it up again.

What else you can do: let Apple know what's happening, then they might be able to work on a solution.
Here's the link to send feedback to Apple: https://www.apple.com/feedback/ipad.html

OP
E

Ebburtis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am heartened to know it isn't just me. Thanks for the links and I will try the restart. I have done the closing of apps, but still not working.

ctemple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went and left feedback J.A. And I also forced closed the apps and restarted and rest and restarted and it seems to be working now. We'll see if it lasts. Many thanks for the advice.

Most reactions