What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Un-jailbreaking the new iPad 5.1.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

regret

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear All,

I've played with jailbreak quite abit and now I've decided to revert back to normal. I've search in google and even here but didn't quite get a clear answer ... from google

seems easy but comments say that it doesn't really work?

From ipf forums

http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreaking-hacking-tutorials-how-guides/52863-tutorial-failsafe-method-restore-current-version-ios.html

t
here's a note that says

"NOTE: - You should only try this guide if you are getting errors when trying to restore IOS on your device. If you haven't tried yet, simply connect your device to iTunes and press "restore". 99% of the time this will succeed! Even for a jailbroken iPad! Go on, give it a go first!"

Which is basically the same .. so does this really works? Is it as easy as backing up my ipad ... restore .. then restore from backup .. the jailbreak will be gone but all data will remain ?? (besides those app from cydia and whatnot)

Last edited by a moderator:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, most of the time it is that easy. You (1) connect the iPad to iTunes, (2) make a back-up and (3) press the "Restore iPad..." button on the main Summary tab. After a prompt or two from iTunes, you will end up with an iPad running the newest iOS (iOS 5.1.1 for an iPad 1 - iOS 6.1.3 for all others).

It's when (if) you run into difficulties that we recommend doing the "Failsafe" method. But, generally, this simple method works fine.

Marilyn

P.S. I removed an external "how-to" link you had added to your thread. It was not necessary as we have such How-To info here. Thanks.

OP
R

regret

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, most of the time it is that easy. You (1) connect the iPad to iTunes, (2) make a back-up and (3) press the "Restore iPad..." button on the main Summary tab. After a prompt or two from iTunes, you will end up with an iPad running the newest iOS (iOS 5.1.1 for an iPad 1 - iOS 6.1.3 for all others).

It's when (if) you run into difficulties that we recommend doing the "Failsafe" method. But, generally, this simple method works fine.

Marilyn

P.S. I removed an external "how-to" link you had added to your thread. It was not necessary as we have such How-To info here. Thanks.

Thanks for the quick reply and sorry for posting the link ... anyway what about restoring back my apps and other data ? Can i just "restore from backup" ...

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes. You will prompted to do so (by iTunes) at some point in the restore process. Is why you make the backup beforehand - so you can "restore" to it.

Marilyn

OP
R

regret

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes. You will prompted to do so (by iTunes) at some point in the restore process. Is why you make the backup beforehand - so you can "restore" to it.

Marilyn

Lol so it was that easy ... all done .. thanks Marilyn .. this thread can be closed :)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hurray! Glad it worked out for you. Enjoy.

With that, and because of your request - this thread is closed.

Marilyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts