What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ultimate Couch Potato iPad Stand

ArtWench

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iVan said:
I got a few pictures with the stand over the bed. The photos would have been clearer with a dummy under but he was taking those pictures.

The idea of this came to me a few months back when I broke my right ankle. I was stuck in bed with my ankle positioned higher than my head because of blood circulation problems. Everything is fine now, I'll be back to work in two weeks.

"Necessity is the mother of invention."

This is an awesome idea! I've had 4 spinal visions and am unfortunately looking forward to surgery on hip, shoulders,and knees. This setup is exactly what I need to keep me from going nuts during my recuperation periods!

AFAngryWarrior

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.verizonwireless.com
Clean it up to a finished design and I would spend $100 to buy one! I think it's a great idea even for those just watching their Fb, twitter, or even stocks while watching TV.. I would buy one in a heartbeAt!

AFAngryWarrior

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.verizonwireless.com
Ps. I was just about to buy the stuff to make one myself when I saw they actually have mic stand iPad adapters so you wouldn't have to make the holder portion yourself. It's a little more expensive but works just the same.

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My Wedgepad finally arrived after approximately 27 days when it should have arrived in 3-5 days.

Hopefully, my shipping experience was an anomaly. I was very patient. After almost the second week, I started checking for it in the package room of my apartment building. After the second check, I emailed the company with my order number to see about my order status. Two days later, I received an advertisement from the company and two days after that, my WedgePad arrived (in lieu of an email response).

The first thing I saw when I removed the plastic bag was a zipper. The first thing I did was unzip the zipper and out flew a small amount of the stuffing, incredibly lightweight and very sticky tiny balls. Too bad it didn't have a post-it type warning label for impulsive people like me. Also after almost a month, the last thing on my mind were the components of the WedgePad.

I've been trying out the actual product for several hours and I love it. It's exactly what I wanted: a comfortable stand that conforms to the contours of any surface, and in my case I wanted it so I can balance it partially on my lap and the arm of the couch while I use it.

I bought the all-black model: a bean bag with black elastic straps at each corner to secure the iPad. It can be used at a 30 or 45 degree angle and just weighs 5oz. It costs $27.00.

I also like it because the microsuade fiber cover of the stand grips the cloth of the couch material for added stability. It's the exact size of the iPad at the elastic band contact points and the angle and height are comfortable for reading while I'm eating and the iPad is on the coffee table.

The elastic straps are long enough to fit the iPad with my Apple SmartCover and clam shell back and hopefully they will be long enough for the Grove case as well.

I originally bought it so I'd start getting into the habit of using it instead of folding the pretty smart cover of my Grove case when it arrives. However, like the compass stand I bought to avoid the same issue of rolling the Grove cover into a stand (for use at work), I prefer it to using the Apple SmartCover as a stand.

The only disadvantage is that the elastic straps obscure the on-off button at the top of the iPad and the orientation button on the side, but, at least for me, that's not a big deal.

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I should add that the elastic bands cover all iPad side buttons except for the volume button.

Cliveawn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use my wifes breastfeeding pillow! Dont laugh please!!
Its a big horseshoe shaped pillow which snuggles up under your arms and rests on your lap to place my ipad2 with targus 360 cover.

Most reactions

Latest posts