What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Removed My Best Buy Reserve & Ordered From Apple

Amok

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@madhatter61 I believe they will charge when shipped. My order placed around a week ago has not yet generated any charges.

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you order from Apple, do they charge your credit card immediately, or post the charge the day they ship it? If my card get charged upon order, then they are using my account for x weeks? Looking for reality info.

My card has been on hold for four business days. The rep said it won't come out until shipped.;)

manitou

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you order from Apple, do they charge your credit card immediately, or post the charge the day they ship it? If my card get charged upon order, then they are using my account for x weeks? Looking for reality info.

Card is not charged until status changes to shipped. I ordered one from Apple online about 10 days ago and will cancel the order if I find one locally, if I find one before the one I ordered ships.
Should help me so I don't buy one at an Apple Store that doesn't fit my exact criteria. :)

SheerLuckHolmes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Most companies, including Apple, place a hold on the $$ amount, this shows them you have the available credit, but do not actually process the payment until it ships. It does reduce your available creait on your card, but does not take the payment.

Motels, hotels and rental cars companies do this as well. The holds come off a month later. When I used to travel with my job I would pay in cash when returning the car or leaving the motel. It all adds up. I ended up in Colorado Springs, Co without any cash or available credit because of all the holds that had not been released.

Thanks for listening..... I'll go back to reading now.

campolongo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twice bb called offering me the wifi only ,both times i said thats not what i reserved,they said something bout a sim card that i can install that will be just like the 3g installed model has anyone ever heard of that, i declined saying i want the 3g installed model.then he ok no prob but it wll take another couple of weeks ,are they havin a prob with the 3g models im beginnin to wonder

Mystro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was on several list at J&R, etc... I went to Bestbuy (central PA.) to play with one and they just got in a shipment in 1 hour before I got there. As soon as I walked up to the ipad2 display I overheard the sales clerk say they just got a shipment in. I immediately broke into the conversation to ask if any were not spoken for. He said they had these two 32g left. I said sold before he blinked his eyes. I would have bought both but it was 1 per customer. The other guy said he would think about it?:confused: I told him he had about 5 minutes or less before it's gone. I was wrong, it took 2 minutes for another customer to make their way to the checkout with it. I walked out with my ipad2, silver smart cover, and hdmi adapter. Fyi...lots of Xooms there for the taking. Two weeks later and I am still smiling.

Last edited:

campolongo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As far as im concerned the whole concept is portability,when ever where ever,that means without 3g its a ghetto version,ill wait as long as it takes,im not going to be pressed to buy the wifi only model because thier not producing enough 3g models

droid2mac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I preordered at Best Buy too. Then ordered from Apple with an April 28 receive date. Yesterday found the one I wanted, 32gig wifi black, at another Best Buy store. The Best Buy stores in central and eastern Virginia have had a lot of white ones, but I held out for black. Keep checking Best Buy.

campolongo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay i gotta vent,why in the hell would they offer this in white,i have no doubt in my mind the stores are gonna be left with the white,so people who are tired of waiting will buy the girly lookin one just to get thier hands on this great device,not me ill wait with the patience of a saint till i get the exact model i reserved

Most reactions

Latest posts