What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ubuntu and ios devices with 4.3: sync is working again..

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
Great news, I was testing my latest Ubuntu 11.04 this morning and gave it a try to sync some music using Banshee. Guess what, it is working. I was able to transfer music to my iPhone as i was before. Still no luck for video, but that seem a banshee issue.

As currently writing this, I am trying to sync a video using gtkPod, cross my fingers!

VicoPad addict!

OP
DrHouse

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
GtkPod was able to sync a video to my iPhone 3GS. Trying now to sync music with my iPad 1, to validate if banshee is able to manage the music and probably GTKPod for the video portion.

Saddly, it takes a while to GTKPod to do the transfer, I leave it alone working, it will evenutally succeed.

Ok back to my iPad, still synching that music...

OP
DrHouse

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
No luck with the iPad, maybe in a next version it it will work. But at least we have the iPhone sync back using banshee and gtkPod...

VicoPad addict!

Last edited:
OP
DrHouse

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
Here is a screen preview of banshee doing
It's work...

VicoPad addict!

Attachments

• image-682359600.png
    image-682359600.png
    367.3 KB · Views: 701

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow - this is a great thread - it's like a drama program on TV - I am in suspense waiting for the next episode. Thanks for sharing this with us. Keep it going...

Tim

mr.norrime

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I Can't Sync Music files with Banshee

Hello,
When I try to sync my iphone 4 with Banshee on Ubuntu 11.04 I get the following error- "The mp3 format is not supported by the device, and no converter was found to cover it."

Have you installed anything else, or changed settings, to get around this error?

OP
DrHouse

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
mr.norrime said:
Hello,
When I try to sync my iphone 4 with Banshee on Ubuntu 11.04 I get the following error- "The mp3 format is not supported by the device, and no converter was found to cover it."

Have you installed anything else, or changed settings, to get around this error?

I have an iPhone 3GS, maybe that's why it is working. Still no luck with the iPad, so maybe it is the same for the iPhone 4... Have you tried gtkPod?

VicoPad addict!

mr.norrime

iPF Noob
Reaction score
gtkPod is not working for me either. Most of my music library will not import into the program. I'm getting a message "The following track could not be processed. Filetype is known but analysis failed" for each track it can't process. And I tried to sync one of the few tracks that were processed but it's doing nothing.

It's really a shame. We might have to continue waiting...

Most reactions

Latest posts