What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Turning off forum email notification

Dr.Gee

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How do you do this for thread updates?I can't find it in my user cp.

Checkpoint

iPF Noob
Reaction score
UserCP -> Edit Options -> Scroll down to "Messaging & Notification" -> Default Thread Subscript Mode -> Change to Do not subscribe

Hope I was of service. ;D

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
you also will have to unsubscripe to any that you have already subscribed to.

its very annoying when websites choose to auto subscribe you to threads by default. I think its because they make money off users visiting and viewing all their adds and they get a little greedy.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
UserCP -> Edit Options -> Scroll down to "Messaging & Notification" -> Default Thread Subscript Mode -> Change to Do not subscribe

Hope I was of service. ;D
If you still want to see the threads in your UserCP though make sure you use the option "No Email Notification" otherwise, do not subscribe they won't even show up in your UserCP.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you also will have to unsubscripe to any that you have already subscribed to.

its very annoying when websites choose to auto subscribe you to threads by default. I think its because they make money off users visiting and viewing all their adds and they get a little greedy.
I actually like when the default is subscribe by email. Because there are forums where I only sign up to ask a question or two, and I don't visit there enough to check my UserCP. If I'm going to be on a forum for awhile and contribute, then I just go in and turn it off.

OP
Dr.Gee

Dr.Gee

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Already had it set and it still does it:(

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Then those are threads that you had subscribed to via email BEFORE you changed the setting, and as someone already mentioned you need to go to those threads and change the subscription type to No Email Notification.

OP
Dr.Gee

Dr.Gee

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I made that change a few days ago and got subbed to a thread I responded to today.seems to be working now though.the check mark does mean you're subbed right?

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes but it doesn't mean you're getting email notes necessarily.

Most reactions

Latest posts