What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TuneIn Radio

PDB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I, too, had issues trying to listen to BBC radio channels in Tunein Radio over the weekend, but they auto-magically worked after a while. I think it may be due to demand overload perhaps.

On the subject of the BBC iplayer, does it provide tv and radio shows? Might be interested in subscribing to get some quality content over here in Spain...(though it does seem odd that their radio channels ARE now freely accessible if it's a funding issue. Having said that, maybe best to keep quiet about it!)

Thanks!
Paul

ian russell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PDB said:
I, too, had issues trying to listen to BBC radio channels in Tunein Radio over the weekend, but they auto-magically worked after a while. I think it may be due to demand overload perhaps.

On the subject of the BBC iplayer, does it provide tv and radio shows? Might be interested in subscribing to get some quality content over here in Spain...(though it does seem odd that their radio channels ARE now freely accessible if it's a funding issue. Having said that, maybe best to keep quiet about it!)

Thanks!
Paul

Yes, all BBC TV and radio are available on BBC iPlayer. This includes almost all of the regional BBC radio stations output as well as the national channels.

Edit: actually, no, the app is a pared down version of the full iPlayer. Only the national radio channels, and TV, not the regional ones. I hope they change that, there's some good stuff on the regionals sometimes.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Last edited:

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Even if you are a resident of the UK and a BBC licence-payer, you will find the iPlayer app doesn't work if you try to use it outside the UK. That would be one of the three useful functions it could perform, the second being a facility to download programmes, but it doesn't allow that either.

That just leaves its third function, which is to fill the gap in those very rare situations where there is no actual television available, such as during a power outage or if stranded in a car, when you would be relying on a slow 3G signal and it might not work anyway. The BBC iPlayer app is therefore pretty much useless, IMO.

However, this thread is about the excellent TuneIn Radio app, so let's get back on topic.

Last edited:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If any of you iPad owners who have TuneIn and have not yet upgraded to the most recent version - a warning. In the 'old' version, if you recorded a station that supported album art, that art was displayed in the recording and you could 'jump' to any track in the recording by simply touching the album art. so, if you had 5 or 6 hours of music recorded from your favourite radio station you could instantly find the track in that recording that you were interested in and, by touching the album art, advance instantly to that track.

In the new update that feature has been removed. Now, if you touch the album art, you get a pop up window inviting you to purchase that track on iTunes.

A very definite disincentive to upgrading......

Tim

Most reactions