What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Using iplayer with local. Radio stations

melpalmer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
I am relatively new to the iPad 2 and wanted some help with using the BBC iplayer I am trying to listen to a local radio station on my iPad.

If I was on my pc I would go to the relevant site via my browser and select listen live and it would launch the iplayer within the browser. When I try to do the same on my iPad rather than launching the browser version it automatically launches the iplayer app and it just sits on the initial app page. I assume that the iPad has associated the site with the iplayer app but I don't want that as the local radio station is not available on the app

Can anyone correct my understanding or tell me if it is possible to listen to local radio

Deleting the app and watching via the browser is not an option as I am happy with the iplayer app for tv
Thanks

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
TuneIn and IHeartRadio are a couple of radio apps worth checking out. App availability varies in countries, though.

OP
M

melpalmer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great thanks for feedback. I assume the iplayer app does allow national radio as they are advertised in the app but not local. I have downloaded tuned in and am listening to the local station now thanks again
Mel

Most reactions

Latest posts