What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TUAW: Comics on the iPad, easy and cheap

xune

iPF Noob
Reaction score
comicsipad.jpg

Our friend Macenstein has a nice tip running over on his blog about how to get more comics on your iPad. The iPad is a device that seems made for comic book reading -- that display is colorful and bright, and the touchscreen lets you examine comic art from any size or angle. The problem, however, is price -- while there are some good official apps out there, and some great free comics in them, purchased comics still aren't too cheap, even compared to the real thing.

Enter Amazon, which is selling things like this DVD of Archie Comics for super cheap. For four bucks, you can get 120 digital comics. That's an amazing deal, and while there aren't a lot of those to go around, there are definitely other digital collections you can purchase for much cheaper than actually buying them piecemeal.

Turning those comics into PDFs (or just finding them on the disc) is usually not a problem, and then just dragging the PDFs into iTunes and cracking them open in iBooks is even simpler. And voila, you've got tons and tons of comics to read on your iPad. Excellent tip, and a great way to pick up a lot more comic books to read on your next plane trip.

Digital collections make comics on your iPad easy and cheap

Petercar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i am a subscrboer of archie comics archiedigital.com yu pay 49 .95 a year and yu get all the archie comices and sonic the hedgehog it says adobe flashplayer when yu want to read it in thee ipad i normally read them on my laptop s i tried to read them on my ipad thru skyfire which t says theres no video and tried bluereader and ibitfire so they all have flash but it look like it needs a flash reader program can anyone help me?

Most reactions

Latest posts