What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trying to figure out how to RIP DVDs from Mac to iPad

GadgetRick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, going to do a little traveling coming up and I just got myself a new iPad 3 64GB so I figured I'd load a few DVDs onto it to view when I get tired of reading on the flights. So I start searching and trying to figure out how to do this figuring, how hard could it be? Well...

What many people seem to talk about is using Handbrake. So I downloaded it and tried it. I didn't realize I needed to be a programmer to figure out how to use it. I'm still struggling trying to figure out how to get this done. I'm not a computer newb, I've got quite a bit of experience and I'm not intimidated trying to do complicated things but man, I can't figure this out and can't find anywhere which is helpful getting it to do what it's supposed to do. Forget about tagging with Metadata so it looks like it should in iTunes...

I've seen a couple of other programs mentioned but they'll set me back $40+ in many cases. Since I don't do this often--only really need it for a short period coming up--I'd rather not spend a fortune on software to do this. Seems this should be something you can do with Apple but, apparently, Apple lost its way many years ago with making things easy to do....but I digress...

Anyway, I've read the thread in the FAQ area on IF here but they suggest using one of the $40 pieces of software. I'm guessing it'll work but trying not to spend a ton of money on this.

Thanks for any help.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Check out our supporting vendor here on this site: DVD Catalyst

I use it all the time and it is no where near $40. $10.

noel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Honestly handbrake is so simple to use, type in handbrake tutorial on youtube to see how to use it

Most reactions