What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rip Blu-ray to iPad?

marine92104

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do you rip a Blu-ray you own to your iPad?

There are different software out there & I have tried several trial versions.

It rips to .m2ts files but they are never in order & I don't know how to put them in order to get 1 continuous file to play the movie on the iPad after converting.

I'd like to use the maximum resolution of the iPad & use whatever software gives the best picture & video quality.

If anyone has successfully used a software for this can you post the software & instructions on how to use it or a link where I can learn how.

I would only be using Blu-rays I personally own & want to view on the iPad. I don't buy DVDs anymore.

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Software needed & FREE:
Free and powerful DVDFab software = DVDfab HD Decryptor - Video Decryptor - used to copy video files - located @ middle of page - Removes all the protections (CSS, RC, RCE, APS, UOPs and Sony ARccOS) while copying. It also comes with full HD-DVD and Blu-Ray support (Removes AACS).

You should then be able to use handbrake to join/convert for ipad.

OP
M

marine92104

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Isn't there a software that can join the .m2ts files together & do the conversion as one continuous file?

If not how do you join the files thru handbrake?

Last edited:

saguaro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have a look at WinX blu- ray dvd ripper:

http://www.winxdvd.com/dvd-to-ipad/

I use this and it works. I think you can download and try it. Be advised that I had to check the box for Force A/V sync for it to work right with blu-rays.

It will also rip dvd's. It can rip to iphone, ipod, and Apple tv.

OP
M

marine92104

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for all the suggestions. I used HandBrake & it worked great.

Video turned out perfect. You guys are great!

OP
M

marine92104

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The videos turned out great but the audio is alot lower than a digital copy on the iPad.

Is there anyway to match the volume level of digital copies or anyway to turn up the boost the volume on the videos on the iPad?

I already have it maxed out & it's still alot lower than a regular digital copy movie. It's really hard to hear. That surprised me.

I used Handbrake but there's no way to boost the volume on the movies using Handbrake.

Hopefully there is a way to boost the volume on the iPad.

On my HP computer you can double boost the sound when watching a DVD or Blu-ray by 1,2 or 3.

OP
M

marine92104

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone else had any problem with the volume being low ripping Blu-rays with AnyDVDHD & then converting to iPad by using Handbrake.

I have the volume at full & it's not nearly as loud as an actual Digital Copy that comes with Blu-rays & can be played on the iPad.

Is there a better program to use to have a better volume on the movies?

The picture looks great but the volume is really low & Handbrake doesn't have anything to increase the volume when converting.

Rotorhead

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Easy, FREE for 30 Days

Hey marine92104

I tried DVDFab that OUTL4W recommended. It's what you want.....EASY.....but for a steep price. Here's what i found: It does a good clean EASY job of the project. It Rips and Converts in one step, then transfers the ONE file to iTunes for eventual upload to your iPad. The Price? It's free for 30 days. To get the full "Suit" to do DVD/BD rips and conversions it's gonna cost you over $200. AND its only good for 2 years.

No Chapters, just one file.
It's so EASY that even I can do it. Deal with ONE APP, not "Many".
It really wants to add subtitles.....which I just have to remember to uncheck each time (have not always done that)

I'm using it to beat the band right now, to get things ripped within that 30 days, then Bye Bye..........

I'm still looking for that "Reasonably" priced APP thats "Relatively" EASY.

Semper Fi
Steve

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hey marine92104

I tried DVDFab that OUTL4W recommended. It's what you want.....EASY.....but for a steep price. Here's what i found: It does a good clean EASY job of the project. It Rips and Converts in one step, then transfers the ONE file to iTunes for eventual upload to your iPad. The Price? It's free for 30 days. To get the full "Suit" to do DVD/BD rips and conversions it's gonna cost you over $200. AND its only good for 2 years.

No Chapters, just one file.
It's so EASY that even I can do it. Deal with ONE APP, not "Many".
It really wants to add subtitles.....which I just have to remember to uncheck each time (have not always done that)

I'm using it to beat the band right now, to get things ripped within that 30 days, then Bye Bye..........

I'm still looking for that "Reasonably" priced APP thats "Relatively" EASY.

Semper Fi
Steve

I guess for an all-in-one app you'll have to pay buuuuuuuuut if you use
MakeMKV - Make MKV from Blu-ray and DVD for the blu ray ripping and then use ipad preset from handbrake for the conversion, you should be fine.

Personally i use baddaboom, that I "found" somewhere ;-) for conversion.

OP
M

marine92104

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I used anyDVDHD for the ripping & it did fine.

I used handbrake to conver to iPad standards.

The problem I'm having is the volume is low on everyone I have tried. Alot lower than a regular digital copy.

I don't see why it wouldn't be the same volume level as a digital copy but it's not even close. I have the iPad at full volume & it's still hard to make out unless you're in a really quite environment.

The PQ is amazing & it has chapter breaks.

I downmixed to Dolby Surround. Maybe I should try the downmix to stereo to see if it raises the volume.

So the problem I am having is with the level of the audio after converting with handbrake to iPad. Is there some other setting that will give me the same volume as a regular digital copy of a movie? Or do I need a different software to give a higher volume level?

Most reactions