What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trouble with Ipad 2

Paul1983

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello guys,Im Paul and just have a simple question..My ipad 2 is turning off sometimes and it doesnt turn on anymore,sometimes for days,holding power and home buttons pressed doesnt do anything anymore,the screen stays completely black and after many hours of trying and quitting-it just needs a simple push of the pwr button and turns on..im completly puzzled of why hard reset doesnt bring any reaction from the device..im using original charger and cable,and i know for a fact that the battery isnt totaly drained and has at least 50%
When i connect it to pc i can hear the connect/disconnect sound but device doesnt show..i tried holding down home button while connecting it to itunes -doesnt work,...holding power and home for 45 sec -doesnt work...still,sometimes it turns on/it charges normaly and runs for days at a time..please help me,maybe there is another way to "jump start" it

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried using DFU mode to try and get your iPad back to proper working condition? DFU mode to Restore | Official Apple Support Communities
This will erase your iPad and restore it to the most recent available iOS version (For the iPad 2 this is iOS 9.3.5) and any data not backed up will be lost. This method is guaranteed to work unless there is a hardware problem with the iPad, computer, or cable.

Last edited:

Most reactions