What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

trouble downloading ios 5.0.1

sharontzu5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
have Ipad 1 and I'm keen to update from ios 5.0.0. to 5.0.1 because I hear that that will enable me to use all the hand gestures that were not enable on Ipad 1 with 5.0.0. Itunes tell me there is an update, but when I agree to download it, the download gets stuck. It opens and seems to begin the download, saying that there are 40 minutes to go, but this shortly changes to 1 hour, then 2 hours, 3 hours, 5 hours etc - and the download just seems to be stuck.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you already have 5.0, you do not need to use iTunes. Instead go to Settings > General > Software Update. This is a delta update (only about 40MB). It only takes about 10 minutes.

The iTunes update method is the full 700MB file.

Greenrooster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had trouble too. The first time iTunes said the file was bad. The second time, it caused my PC to crash. The third time it ran just fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

drsurajit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
me too : i hav ipad2 : not able 2 update through itune : once i downloaded full , after completion it said u lost ur network connection , whereas it is not true : i was in d internent connection :

Most reactions