What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trouble connecting to iTunes?

carguyjohn350

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got my iPad a week ago and am having an issue. Hope this is the right sub forum.

I love that I can sync to my iTunes over wifi without having to drag out the cable. However, it seems that my iTunes cant see the iPad about half the time and I cant figure out why. They are both online and I am at a loss. Any suggestions?

OP
C

carguyjohn350

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You mean with the cord? Im trying to get it to do it without using the cord. I want to do it over wifi. It worked this morning but then wouldnt work later on. When I tried in iTunes it showed the iPad under my devices but when I clicked it it said the iPad could not be found on the network but thats not true because it is.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I understand that the iPad requires a certain amount of charge or to be " on charge" to do a wireless sync, this is presumably to stop it failing halfway through the sync process, just try plugging it into a charger.

The Archangel

OP
C

carguyjohn350

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gotcha, thanks for the clarification. Its at 75% charge. I can try to plug it in, but I leave the cord at home so as not to haul it around, a charge lasts me all day. I want to sync at the office. Thanks for the tip though, will try it when I can get the cord.

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine is wishy washy. Has been from day one. my iPad is plugged in charging right now-iTunes opened before plug in and nope. iPad isn't showing up in iTunes. I sync to the cloud anyway, but all I want to do is app updates through iTunes. That's it.
I have to jump start the ability to WiFi sync by plugging in via USB to desktop. Then it will work via Wifi for a handful of times before it stops again. I'm tired of the on/off flakiness, so give up and just plug in when app updates come out or just update OTA. It's just annoying when this is a nice feature of iOS 5 and is so darn inconsistent for me. And I'm not fiddling with my router or anything. It shouldn't require that level of fussing and besides, it works *some* of the time, as opposed to never. I just like the speed of app updates via iTunes. I go back and forth, plugging in when wifi won't work, or just OTA.

reahn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
it is wayy easier to synch via cable to pc/mac. wifi syncing is a gimmick

Most reactions