What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trgger iPad camera from a web page

Aaronm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am looking to see if it is possible to create code within a web page (that will be viewed in the iPad), that can trigger the iPad camera to take a picture and have that picture show up in the web page. Not looking to develop a native app per se, but just to integrate the iPad camera into a web page I am having built. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I expect this will be impossible without jail breaking your iPad. Apple 'sandboxes' (isolated) the apps in the iPad so they have only very limited scope for interaction. One benefit of this is that the iPad is more-or-less immune to a computer virus.

The downside is that apps can't talk to each other in the way that you want and even such interaction as is possible is very strictly controlled by the iPad's operating system, iOS.

If you jail break your iPad then this restriction is removed, so you may get some feedback from the iPad Forum jail breaking community.

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions

Latest posts