What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to copy and paste, words and pictures from web page?

Fatsoland

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've just got my iPad and liking it a lot. I used to use a dell mini as my web looking and such, and I've upgraded to a iPad. As well as looking on the web, I would copy and paste xbox 360 game information so I can look it up when needed, and then edit it when I didn't need it. The problem I'm having is I can't seam to do it on the iPad. When I copy something all I get back when I paste is text, or I download the page I can't edit it in anyway. So does anyone know a way or a program I can copy paste words and pictures, download the web page but able to edit it someway?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've just got my iPad and liking it a lot. I used to use a dell mini as my web looking and such, and I've upgraded to a iPad. As well as looking on the web, I would copy and paste xbox 360 game information so I can look it up when needed, and then edit it when I didn't need it. The problem I'm having is I can't seam to do it on the iPad. When I copy something all I get back when I paste is text, or I download the page I can't edit it in anyway. So does anyone know a way or a program I can copy paste words and pictures, download the web page but able to edit it someway?

The easiest way is probably to save the web page as a PDF document and then annotate it using GoodReader or something similar - say, iAnnotate.

You can convert any web page in Safari to PDF using a 'bookmarklet'

Just create a bookmark with this content

javascript:pdf_url=location.href;location.href='http://pdfmyurl.com?url='+escape(pdf_url)

Now, when you see a webpage that you want to convert to PDF simply select the above 'bookmarklet' and it will be converted to PDF and you'll then be able to save it in iBooks, GoodReader, iAnnotate etc.

Tim

PS usually when I paste the bookmarklet it inserts a space into the 'http' - that shouldn't be there...

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are a number of apps that will allow you to save and manipulate web pages. Evernote is probably the best option. It's a very versatile program that will allow you to fully save and edit any web page. It will also allow you to sync everything you save between your iPad and your computer. You can also share saved and edited files with others. Highly recommended!

Here's a video introduction:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHeVZvnCjNA]YouTube - ‪Evernote Tutorial‬‏[/ame]

Additionally you can save any web page image by pressing and holding your finger on the image and clicking on "Save image" on the popup. The image will be saved to your Photos app.

Similarly if you want to save specific text, tap and hold your finger on the text you'd like to save and a magnifying glass will appear. Release your finger and two bars will appear with one word highlighted. Simply move the bars to the left and right until you've covered the text you want to save. Click on "Save" and it's on your clipboard. You can then paste it into another program (Pages, etc.) where you want save it. You can touch and hold your finger anywhere on a web page, hold it and the entire page will have a blue mask. Click on "Save" and all of the text on the web page will be saved on your clipboard.

In addition to saving web pages as .pdf's as Tim suggests with GoodReader (also a terrific program), the app Offline Pages allows you to save a full web page for later viewing. Here's a web tutorial:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWnQF6LddSI]YouTube - ‪Apple iPad Tip - How To Save Web Pages for Offline Viewing‬‏[/ame]

Overall however Evernote is probably what you're looking for.

That's been my experience and others may chime in with theirs. Hope that helps and enjoy your new iPad!

OP
F

Fatsoland

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for both of your help, I'll give them a try but they sound like what I need, thank you again.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fatsoland: I may need to amend my post above. Something kept bothering me so I went back and read your original post and I think I misunderstood what you're wanting to do. It sounds like you want to save and edit web pages on your iPad (only).

Evernote is a terrific program for downloading, saving and editing web pages on a computer. However if you're talking about saving a web page and editing it on the iPad, iAnnotate is a better program.

As Tim suggests you can save the web page as a .pdf file, open it in iAnnotate and edit as needed.

My other suggestions are still applicable for the iPad. Although Evernote's app is a good one, for your purposes it's probably not going to do the job. Apologies for any confusion.

OP
F

Fatsoland

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for that, I got iAnnotate after what both you said, amazing app, did what I needed so thank you both.

Most reactions