What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

treaming music......

Ipadster67

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How can I stream music from my pc to my ipad over wifi ? I do not want to load up my ipad with all my music......:rolleyes:

Tahmidul

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can use apples remote app to listen your pc or macs iTunes library in your I device...but your pc and ipad must be connected to the same wifi network...otherwise remote app wont work...and as you might know you can easily create a hotspot using your pc or laptop...if u can then connect you ipad to that hotspot and remote app will work just fine...it doesn't matter if you have a Internet connection or not...

Sent from my 16 GB WiFi only iPad using iPF

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
How can I stream music from my pc to my ipad over wifi ? I do not want to load up my ipad with all my music......:rolleyes:

There are a number of Apps that may suit your purpose (google them or check the Apps store) But if you are willing to part with $24.99 p.a,you could consider Apple's own music streaming arrangement via iCloud storage using your iPad's "Match" facility. (Settings>iTunes & App Stores>iTunes Match) Have a peep at this:

Apple - iTunes - Match

Once your music is in iCloud you can play it from any of your devices. Only what you play at the time or download will take up your iPad's memory.
Regards,Andrew

OP
I

Ipadster67

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks,

When I first purchased my ipad 3 I was a bit confused about the music app and syncing.

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Gabriel1 said:
Home sharing should do the trick http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4620

The Archangel

+1 this is exactly what the op wants. The remote app mentioned earlier won't let him actually listen on his iPad just remotely control his iTunes and he doesn't need iTunes match if he's only going to be listening while on his wifi network.

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
To home share, set it up in iTunes on the computer then open the Apple Videos app then select library then shared and it will take a minute or two then you will see the videos on your computer that are in iTunes. The same thing works in Apple's music player.

OP
I

Ipadster67

iPF Noob
Reaction score
O.K, for streaming music from my pc to my ipad (not loading onto my ipad) Under the music setting "More" and then "shared" there's two settings, My ipad and "X's" library. If I chooseX's library I can stream music to my ipad, but it's just some of my music ? Another question ? What's the difference between "My iPad" and X's Librarys ?

Thanks......

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
My ipad is whats actually stored locally on your ipad, x's library should be what is in the itunes library you are homesharing and hence available for streaming over wifi.

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ipadster67 said:
O.K, for streaming music from my pc to my ipad (not loading onto my ipad) Under the music setting "More" and then "shared" there's two settings, My ipad and "X's" library. If I chooseX's library I can stream music to my ipad, but it's just some of my music ? Another question ? What's the difference between "My iPad" and X's Librarys ?

Thanks......

Here is the difference. The first is what is on the iPad, the second is what is on iTunes on the computer

Attachments

• image-2430546824.jpg
    image-2430546824.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 178
  • image-2779666216.jpg
    image-2779666216.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 188
OP
I

Ipadster67

iPF Noob
Reaction score