What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I lost all my videos and music on my IPad

af847

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tonight I was checking my settings to see how much storage I had left on my 16gb wifi Ipad 3, noticed it was up from 8 gig last time I checked to 11 gig. I knew a bulk of my memory was eaten up by my music I transferred to Ipad when I first got it, so checked the Music app on my Ipad and nothing there. Totally empty, no library now. Also checked Videos on Home screen and they all disappeared also. I still have my full music library on Itunes on my PC, but somehow it all disappeared and I have no Idea how or Why. Can anyone help me to find if it's still there or do I have to go back and select all the music I want again and sync back to Ipad? Anyone else have this happen? Very strange and I don't know what I could have done to have this happen. I just played some music last week and was all there.

D

dvdcatalyst

Tonight I was checking my settings to see how much storage I had left on my 16gb wifi Ipad 3, noticed it was up from 8 gig last time I checked to 11 gig. I knew a bulk of my memory was eaten up by my music I transferred to Ipad when I first got it, so checked the Music app on my Ipad and nothing there. Totally empty, no library now. Also checked Videos on Home screen and they all disappeared also. I still have my full music library on Itunes on my PC, but somehow it all disappeared and I have no Idea how or Why. Can anyone help me to find if it's still there or do I have to go back and select all the music I want again and sync back to Ipad? Anyone else have this happen? Very strange and I don't know what I could have done to have this happen. I just played some music last week and was all there.

Did you change the sync settings for your iPad in iTunes, or did you connect it to a different computer to transfer some music over?

txteevee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.filmandmediaent.com
I have the same problem. I am jailbroken, iOS 5.1.1. All my music is still on the laptop but won't sync with my iPad2. I have tried syncing 4 times checking and unchecking settings in iTunes. Help! Some songs are on the iPad, around 50, but there's over 200 on my laptop.

OP
af847

af847

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@DVDCatalyst, no, I didn't have Ipad connected to a different computer. As far as I know, I didn't change anything in Itunes in regards to syncing. I ended up just downloading all the songs I wanted back to my Ipad from Itunes on PC, not as many as before, in case this happens again. I have no clue as to what happened. I had to download the videos too. As a side note, a buddy of mine showed me how to use Home Sharing on Itunes, so I don't have to download anymore to the Ipad, I can just stream the music from my PC's library on Itunes. Good to know in case ever happens again. I've heard of the Home Sharing before, just didn't know exactly what it was or does.
@xteevee, when I googled the problem with the music disappearing, I saw other threads regarding this happening to other people. I am not jailbroken, so can't help you there. Evidently we are not the only ones this has happened to.

txteevee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.filmandmediaent.com
af847 said:
@xteevee, when I googled the problem with the music disappearing, I saw other threads regarding this happening to other people. I am not jailbroken, so can't help you there. Evidently we are not the only ones this has happened to.

I'll keep searching....

Most reactions

Latest posts