What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Traveling to Ireland

iWags

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got a quick question.
I will be heading overseas to Ireland next week.
I purchased an Adapter Plug from a luggage store which will allow me to plug in my iPad charger into it.

Is it that easy? Just plug in my US plug into the adaptor and I am set? Last thing I want to do is get over there and "fry" my iPad!

The lady at the luggage store said that most electronics now-a-days have the dual circuits built into them so all I needed was an adapter plug.

Note: this is an adaptor plug, not a voltage converter. It has 2 horizontal plugs and a vertical plug (type D) adapter which states it will work in Ireland.

Thanks for your feedback!

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't have mine handy, but if you read the find print on the plug box on the side of the charger, if there is a 110-240V or a 120-240V, it will be fine. The charger will use the appropriate voltage.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmmm...

World Travel Adapter Kit from Apple - $39.00
European Adapter Plug from Amazon - $2.89
41Yw5STj-fL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

([ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0012S304W/[/ame])

What was the question???

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts