What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Travel Journal on iPad

AudreyJoy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

Can anyone suggest a FREE/inexpensive app which I can use to:
Write a Travel Journal
Upload photos to it
Have a limited distribution
... Any tips on this would be appreciated.

With hopeful thanks

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Audrey--I am sure there are some very good journal apps and that members will make additional recommendations when they see your post. However, I have used Evernote for a little bit of everything, including journaling as well. It's free and can sync between devices very well. Pics can be uploaded easily as well. Hope this helps you.

Also:

Welcome to the iPadForum! This Forum offers so much information related to the iPad and its use. The IPF has many discussion topics related to: Acessories, Help, Apple News, Hacking, Gaming, Business/Education, Special Needs and Health.

The iPadForum also includes a Regional Ipad Group for international users across the world. This is a wonderful area to "find" members from your own country.
Regional iPad Groups

If you have not done so, please take a look at the iOS 5.0 and 5.1:
iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5 by Apple Inc.
iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5.1 by Apple Inc.

Finally, please read the rules!
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am also going to move this to the App section for better viewing there.

j joy j

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use a few journal type apps (most of which you can type and use handwritten entry) and I believe they all have the capability of adding photos. Take a look at: Notes Plus, myMemoir, Penultimate, Notability and Note Taker HD. I know there are others out there that I had looked at but I only use the ones that I can write in with a stylus so those are the ones I download. Good luck in your search!

zeldatron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been looking for exactly the same thing and 2 best ones that I've found are My Own Diary HD and MaxJournal .
Both allow you to upload photos, though Max Journal seems to offer more flexibility with the number of photos and how they are displayed.
My Own Diary HD does a nice job of simulating the experience of a real antique diary with a leather bound cover and parchment pages. It also lets you tag your location and inserts a little map on the page, and you can add a sound recording.

Evernote is definitely worth getting, as it's a great way to keep track of any type of info: text, photos, sound recordings, etc.

jes1me

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have also used MaxJournal. It is easy to use and personalize. I like it that you can import photos, have psword protection and can create multiple journals if you wish.

Sonia ferdous

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For my travel journal i use Max Journal and Trip Journal. Both these apps are great You will also be able to tweet your location, post updates to Facebook, or upload photos to Picasa or Flickr by using it.

jdowie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know just a journal app that syncs between an ipad and iphone. My current one doesn't do that.

yan_82

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know why smb removed prev post, btw Matilde is great app for travelers. Thanks, for sharing it.

Most reactions