What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

transferring files from computer to ipad

dianella

iPF Noob
Reaction score
richsadams said:
Congratulations! Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Btw do u know how to upload picture from facebook using rhe safari?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Can not be done.

Most people use a third party app to do this. Friendly and MySpace are the two most popular, but there are many more. I'm experimenting with Plus right now.

Edit: Oops, just re-read this. That should have been MyPad, not Myspace.

Last edited:

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As twerppoet mentioned, it's not possible right now. There are strong rumors that the long awaited Facebook iPad App may be released very soon so it's possible that it may not be too long before you'll be able to do what you'd like in the near future.

max2008is

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey it is possible. If u jailbreak u Need to download uploader plug in from Cydia works just like any pc browser

dianella

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes..i think i should use the 3rd part , actually i already use friendly but it seems so bored tome. Coz i have to open it everytime i want to connect to fb.
But eniway thanks all ;)

jonesp08

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just bought an new iPad Mini 16 GB. I'm very happy with my new purchase but I'm really confused about how to copy files from my laptop to my new iPad. Currently, I am using some software called iPad to computer transfer. It is good and easy to use but it's on trial basis. So, I'm reading so many threads of this forums to do it manually and hope I will get some success soon. :)

Last edited:

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just bought an new iPad Mini 16 GB. I'm very happy with my new purchase but I'm really confused about how to copy files from my laptop to my new iPad. Currently, I am using some software called iPad to computer transfer. It is good and easy to use but it's on trial basis. So, I'm reading so many threads of this forums to do it manually and hope I will get some success soon. :)

This is an old thread however, you might want to look at Dropbox, it has a free App for the iPad and for your computer. Drag a file into either and it'll be available on both.

The Archangel

ozstar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I see this is an old thread, which really helped me get some files onto my Ipad using iTunes as suggested.

I also use dropbox which has been great for 4 computers, ipad, galaxy etc but I am a little confused about the following.

I wish to do some work on some doc files which are in my dropbox account under a few folders.

I havbe just bought Office2 Hd and wish to use them them on the iPad whilst not on WiFi and then when connected to wif fi they will be transferred to dropbox so the updated versions are there.

I am not sure whetherf I need to transfer these files in dropbox to the Office2 HD document folder in itunes or whether there is another or better way.

Any guidance here pl;ease?

Thanks

oz

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, I see this is an old thread, which really helped me get some files onto my Ipad using iTunes as suggested. I also use dropbox which has been great for 4 computers, ipad, galaxy etc but I am a little confused about the following. I wish to do some work on some doc files which are in my dropbox account under a few folders. I havbe just bought Office2 Hd and wish to use them them on the iPad whilst not on WiFi and then when connected to wif fi they will be transferred to dropbox so the updated versions are there. I am not sure whetherf I need to transfer these files in dropbox to the Office2 HD document folder in itunes or whether there is another or better way. Any guidance here pl;ease? Thanks oz
You can't work on these files in Dropbox, you'll have to open them in another app to do this.
Choose the file you want to change, then tap the arrow that's pointing downwards, and see this:

image-2050066356.jpg

Tap "Open In...", and you see the apps that will work with that file. Choose the one you need.

ozstar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many thanks. Yes I get it now. The penny had to drop about the files having to be worked in another App or program and just 'saved' in dropbox as apposed to working in a regular folder.

Office2 HD looks like a great program however I still have to get my head around it.

Thanks again Johanna

oz

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Chances are that if you look through the settings for Office2 HD you'll find you can link it to Dropbox. While you would still have to download the files to work on them locally (no internet) you would not have to use the DropBox app itself. It may even let you sync a local folder in Office 2 HD to DropBox.

I'm basing this purely on the fact the most of the Office compatible apps have DropBox integration and folder syncing is become very common, not on any personal knowledge of that app.

Most reactions

Latest posts