What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I transfer mp3 files (not Itune files) from computer to Ipad?

Jim22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have many mp3 music files I downloaded from an early jazz web site to my computer, and want to transfer them to my Ipad. They are not ITune files. How can I do this? They are not organized and it would be nice if the program provided a means of doing so. I purchased my IPad in December 2012, and assume it is an IPad2.

My apologies if a similar post appears. I tried to post a few hours ago, and nothing happened.

Thanks, Jim

Surfinette

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Very easily with a freeware called CopyTransManager which doesn't even need to be installed on the PC. Just unzip the file and run the .exe.
The only requirement is that iTunes MUST be installed on the PC (but iTunes doesn't need to run, only installed).
You can download CopyTransManager here : CopyTrans Manager - CNET Download.com

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can put those MP3s into iTunes and then sync them over to the iPad.

In iTunes, click on File > Add File to Library... . Then, browse to the location on your computer where the files are and they'll load into iTunes. Once they are in iTunes, you can sort them, add info such as a genre to them or out them into a playlist.

Once they are in iTunes, connect the iPad and go to the iPad's Music tab and sync them.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

phaebes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have also been trying to transfer my music however keep getting a message asking me if I want to authorize my pc to sync and if I don't I will loose all downloaded apps on my iPad. I am not tech savvy....help please

RandomNoob

iPF Noob
Reaction score

In iTunes, click on File > Add File to Library... . Then, browse to the location on your computer where the files are and they'll load into iTunes. Once they are in iTunes, you can sort them, add info such as a genre to them or out them into a playlist.

Once they are in iTunes, connect the iPad and go to the iPad's Music tab and sync them.

Marilyn

Marilyn
Uh does it like completly erase all of the info anad photos?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Uh does it like completly erase all of the info anad photos?

Hi RandomNoob - welcome to the forum! :) You've responded to a 4 year-old thread and likely will receive little response - if you indeed have a question(s) about music transfer on newer iPads, then I would suggest starting a new thread in an appropriate forum and stating your query more clearly. Dave

Most reactions

Latest posts