What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

File transfer

niyamat elahee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How can I easily transfer files, photos, videos from iPad to laptop and vice versa? It is so difficult with iTunes. Any easy way?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
With a stock iPad there really aren't any alternatives to using iTunes in order to manage all of your media.

If you choose to jailbreak your device, there are some additional possibilities, which can break the ties with iTunes and the desktop PC.

Once such product is pwnTunes, which is $6.99 from Cydia (the jailbreak app store). This allows you to connect your iPad to any PC (without the need to have any special software installed) and drag / drop media on the iPad, which will be exposed to the OS as a USB storage drive.
pwnTunes then handles the necessary tasks to put the media files into the Music, Video, and Photos apps as necessary. In the spirit of full disclosure, I don't use this solution myself (I am actually a fan of iTunes!), but folks that have tried it seem to like it. If you are really dead against iTunes and are willing to jailbreak your device it is worth investigating further.

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
With a stock iPad there really aren't any alternatives to using iTunes in order to manage all of your media.

If you choose to jailbreak your device, there are some additional possibilities, which can break the ties with iTunes and the desktop PC.

Once such product is pwnTunes, which is $6.99 from Cydia (the jailbreak app store). This allows you to connect your iPad to any PC (without the need to have any special software installed) and drag / drop media on the iPad, which will be exposed to the OS as a USB storage drive.
pwnTunes then handles the necessary tasks to put the media files into the Music, Video, and Photos apps as necessary. In the spirit of full disclosure, I don't use this solution myself (I am actually a fan of iTunes!), but folks that have tried it seem to like it. If you are really dead against iTunes and are willing to jailbreak your device it is worth investigating further.

Your forgetting photosync, you can transfer photos and videos from all ios devices to and from a pc :)

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Your forgetting photosync, you can transfer photos and videos from all ios devices to and from a pc :)

Yes, that's a good solution, it's just the inclusion of the word "files" in the OP's question led me to consider it was a wider requirement, hence pwnTunes as one option. Depending on what the other "files" are it could be that photosync is sufficient as another option ;)

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
Yes, that's a good solution, it's just the inclusion of the word "files" in the OP's question led me to consider it was a wider requirement, hence pwnTunes as one option. Depending on what the other "files" are it could be that photosync is sufficient as another option ;)

Aha files! goodreader as well then!

Most reactions

Latest posts