What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transferring epub books to ipad 2

mwhoody

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have the latest version of itunes but am having trouble loading my epub books using itunes to ipad 2
I go through all the loading new files into itunes and then doing the syncing but for some reason when I am finished foing all that, I find that I am missing books that I previously loaded into my ipad. Or some books did not load in at all.
This is very frustrating as I am contiuously looking for the books that went missing and books that did not load at all.
I've had the ipad 2 for over a year and have never ran across this problem.
At times I have 2 or more of the same book - but that does not help either.
I keep reloading the books into itunes and re-syncing and at times it will load the books and at times it will delete some books from the ipad (?????)
Just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem and how they got around to fixing it.
Thank you

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I used to manually drag books in from iTunes to the iPad, worked great and I didn't feel overwhelmed with all the unread books. Last week I decided to sync books and they all went over after deleting all the music and books on my device first. Not too bad, had to reload music but it was that time (change out the device music library every so often) anyway. What did surprise me, and the reason for this long intro, was all my bookmarks went away and all the books I read were set back to new again so look out for that as you sync. Probably a little glitch, but may be part of what you see trying to sync up.

OP
mwhoody

mwhoody

iPF Novice
Reaction score
hmmm interesting. Not sure how to do the drag and drop from itunes to ipad.
Thank you

Most reactions

Latest posts