What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transfer pictures from PC to Ipad

Kcjc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there an easy way to transfer pictures from a PC to an Ipad?

As always, thanks for the help.

maryinredding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unfortunately, there is not. I just tried it on my computer to ipad and it will not let you drag a picture to it. You can only do it on itunes or you can send yourself an email and when you click on the picture it will ask you if you want to save it to your saved pictures and you say yes and there it will be.

OP
K

Kcjc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Mary, I thought that might be the case. Maybe the next version....

Kabooker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here is an easy way

Install Dropbox on both your iPad and pc.

Drag the photo into a drop box folder on your pc, then open it on your iPad.

Then click the button on the upper right of your screen and save it to your photos on the iPad.

maryinredding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just tried Dropbox and it is FANTASTIC!!!!! It was so easy to put pictures on your ipad from your computer. You don't even realize that it's happening, it just does. Thank you so much for the heads up on this app.

Kabooker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dropbox

Regarding Dropbox and folders - sort of a yes-and-no answer - whatever folder structure you set up on your pc will show up the same way on the iPad, but you can't 'transfer' the folders to your photo library.

Another good use of Dropbox is for transferring pdf files, however I usually use Good Reader for that as I can then access them offline, where as Dropbox requires a wifi connection to access the cloud.

SEOThomas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dropbox...great idea!

Thanks very much...now if I could only remember my login :(

w1ngman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also have a look at Phonebook which has just been released and is free until the 1st December. Phone Disk - iPad, iTouch, iPhone Disk Mode for Mac and PC

Holy Lord! I just googled that and it should win an award for 'plastered advertising' across the web! Lots of posts on many boards/sites similar to this one above...but I sure would feel comfortable reading some reviews...before I up and install an application to my PC from an unverified publisher :(. From the link it looks and sounds like a sweet product tho! ;)

Most reactions

Latest posts