What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transfer My Documents folder from PC to iPad

ralber

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I use a PC and have just got myself an iPad - is it possible to transfer all the documents (word, powerpoint, pdf, excel etc) in the My Documents folder from the PC to the iPad? Preferably also maintaining the subfolder structures?

Thanks a bunch for any help.

Best,
Andreas

Hi, I use a small application called "Drop Copy" , installed on all my devices, this allows transfer of documents, videos, music,pictures,pdf's,spreadsheets etc between all these devices. Select a file from the PC and send it to an iPad/iPod/iPhone, in both directions. Keep in mind you will need the appropriate applications to view those files to be also installed on the iPad/iPhone/iPod.
Look it up on the website, it is quick and free or pay once for the Pro version to add some extra features.

DocSync

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are four basic ways to transfer files from PC or Mac to iPad for offline viewing each with their plus and minus

1) Apple iTunes Sync - Slow, clunky and limiting
2) Going Cloud route - First transfer files from your computer to a cloud drive like Dropbox and then onto your iPad. Again a round about way which does expose you to some security risks.
3) RDP type Remote Access programs like GotoMyPC but these run your software on your computer and don't do that well on iPad since they were designed for PC to PC
4) There are new products like Documents.Me wherein you have an agent on your computer that only gets the files on the directory you choose on your iPad. The only limitation is that your computer has to be on when you want to transfer files.

Most reactions

Latest posts