What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Training on iPad

bhavanabhagat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone used iPad for training people on the move? What were your experiences? How effective was the training?

Thanks,
Bhavana

George Knighton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Although much of the work that I do requires 32-bit MSIE and a Windows operating system, more and more companies are releasing very nice, controlled video training via HTML 5 that will work just fine on the iPad and its identifying itself as Safari.

I have yet to see any interactive training that is appropriate to use on an iPad, but I am sure it is right around the corner.

It seems to me that any training delivered via iPad would be every bit as effective as training offered via PC or Mac, and it would have the added advantage of being very portable.

Do you want to tell us more about the kind of training you're envisioning?

kriskiter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My company uses Brainshark for training.

Mobile users can access the training vids - iPad, Blackberry, iPhone, etc

OP
B

bhavanabhagat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Although much of the work that I do requires 32-bit MSIE and a Windows operating system, more and more companies are releasing very nice, controlled video training via HTML 5 that will work just fine on the iPad and its identifying itself as Safari.

I have yet to see any interactive training that is appropriate to use on an iPad, but I am sure it is right around the corner.

It seems to me that any training delivered via iPad would be every bit as effective as training offered via PC or Mac, and it would have the added advantage of being very portable.

Do you want to tell us more about the kind of training you're envisioning?

THanks for your response. Do you have any real experiences of taking a training on iPad while being mobile? How would you compare the experience with training on a laptop / iMac?

George Knighton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
THanks for your response. Do you have any real experiences of taking a training on iPad while being mobile?
The iPad has caught the imagination of several agencies in the federal government, and there are many non-interactive training sessions available, and I have successfully used many of them.

How would you compare the experience with training on a laptop / iMac?
Until the iPad, we haven't really targeted anything toward Apple in particular, because most of us have to carry some kind of Windows machine which must have an Intel processor and 32-bit secure MSIE in order to connect to our servers from the field.

The iPad has opened many opportunities, and the portability and ease of use make it almost irresistible for the programmers.

But...I'm still not sure what it is you are trying to do and I might presume to suggest that your biggest problem is not going to be the suitability of the iPad platform. Your biggest problem is going to be finding the HTML 5 video, or finding somebody who will design the programme for you.

If you have this capability, then I think the iPad would work tremendously well for carrying around your training with you, being able to show the training to agents or employees in the field, or being able to easily watch a session from your hotel desk or hotel bed, or even in your car while you're waiting for somebody to finish his report and mail it to you.

I'm a huge, huge fan of the iPad and its capabilities. :)

kriskiter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
once again I'll mention BrainShark

hosted training which can be watched on any mobile....i.e. iPad

211ssw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wish you would make this time consuming issue much shorter by listing in order of choice what is the best option for handling this situation. I've spent long hours doing endless reading trying to solve this omission. Apple products have reputation for being problem-free but this iPad2 which was Christmas present, has been taking up ALL OF MY TIME and so far, without any solution. This has to have a solution soon because my patience is gone. I've had experience of not being able to participate with appointments to do demonstration on 'training' because java was not enabled (settings showed that it was) nor would the educational videos work during the entire hour of that appointment. I have now reached second appointment without a solution for this issue. It isn't that I haven't tried but some of these 'solutions' just don't function as well as expected. This problem-free Apple product is anything but problem-free and my patience is shot. Please help with this mess.

211ssw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It IS the very training that you recommend that I'm not able to meet those appointments with functional equipment. I've had to rely on iPad2 for the training offered (what a concept!!) because 've been bed bound during this siege. I thought I would be able to use finger tapping time to fix this speed bump but patience is long gone.I need a solution and today, without further time consuming research. I am SO VERY DISAPPOINTED about this issue not being addressed years ago. To take the view that this doesn't have serious impact is lunacy. People who say it is not serious simply do not use this iPad2 for varied options. I find this issue to be disabling completely after having been locked out of areas I thought would be issue-free only to experience being unable to overcome the java and flash issues that seem ever-imposing on my time. I need solutions please.

Jeanne2012

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've seen Moodle, SumTotal and EduBrite native apps. Moodle is designed to work on iphone, SumTotal is for large enterprises, EduBrite is for SMBs. All work great. EduBrite had the most features from trainees's point of view like notes taking and offline.

Ihope someone can add more apps here...

Most reactions

Latest posts