What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No iPad sightings at Apple stores????

Finnedog

iPF Novice
Reaction score
another rumor, but you would think they have to get some training at the stores unless they are thinking that people are going to buy every iPad in the store so there is no need to show them to anyone. :)

19hole

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I asked in a store yesterday and I was told that the shipments are arriving on April 2, after closing. The store will then change the displays over for the iPad.

Training is already going on. It is DVD based, no actual hardware is used.

OP
F

Finnedog

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sorta weird really, I have a product that people will pay say an average of $559, for and I have 100,000 of them made but don't want to start selling them for a month.

$599 x 100,000 = $59,000,000.00 not counting accessories and downloads and software, man I would start selling the dang things for money like that. What is the interest on 59 million for a month??

wot_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorta weird really, I have a product that people will pay say an average of $559, for and I have 100,000 of them made but don't want to start selling them for a month.

$599 x 100,000 = $59,000,000.00 not counting accessories and downloads and software, man I would start selling the dang things for money like that. What is the interest on 59 million for a month??
On the surface, that might seem like a good idea but IMHO it would cause more trouble than it was worth. All the Apple critics would complain (as they always do) about how "Apple is just creating hype" by releasing a small number of units at launch to inflate demand. It will be bad enough if they sell out quickly launch day as it is.

More importantly though, Apple needs time to finish polishing the software. Those people lucky enough to get their hands on an iPad at the keynote all reported that some of the software (like iBooks) still needed work. Apple also needs to give developers (hardware and software) some time to prepare for the launch. As it is, I think there will be slim pickings for iPad specific software at launch. And let's face it, those hundred thousand units will sell fast enough on April 3rd so Apple isn't losing any sales by waiting.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, maybe the Fcc required Apple to do a major change, I don't know. One thing I'm sure of is that there'll be more than 100000 units available on april 3rd. Otherwise Mr Jobs wouldn't have mentioned a world release at keynote time.
There definitely was a glitch in production. So now the rest of the world waits...

Most reactions

Latest posts