What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Touch guides-why?

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was noticing that the iPad keyboard has the look of the touch typing guide bars on the F and J keys. I have to wonder why they would go to the bother. Opinions?

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
its just to look like a physical keyboard...aesthetics...obviously you cant feel them.

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Speaking of feeling...a week or so ago I read an article about a company making some sort of film that goes on touch screens, that along with software I presume, allows you to "feel" things on the screen. Now if only I could remember where I read it! Not sure how it works, but was interesting.

Robertt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Speaking of feeling...a week or so ago I read an article about a company making some sort of film that goes on touch screens, that along with software I presume, allows you to "feel" things on the screen. Now if only I could remember where I read it! Not sure how it works, but was interesting.

Now that does sound interesting. I guess it could have some type of photo-reactive substance that deflated or flattened under higher relative lighting. Darker areas would be slightly raised. Interesting.

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That's funny, I hadn't noticed. It does bug me that the letters on the keyboard dont switch between upper and lower case when you hit shift.

sbarnes8478

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's funny, I hadn't noticed. It does bug me that the letters on the keyboard dont switch between upper and lower case when you hit shift.

True, but that's probably another design choice for realism. After all, the keys on my physical keyboard don't switch either... :D

OP
Seadog

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I figured it was for a connection with the physical keyboard, but I don't get much use out of them there either. I do know that switching between keyboards can get confusing. I keep forgetting to hit shift when I start a sentence or I.

Most reactions

Latest posts