What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tons of iPad Competitors popping up...

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was into this hype, but in the end I feel that none of these will sell because tablets are a niche item. If one can tote a tablet around one can tote a laptop. These have been brought to the market before with no dice. Does the Ipad have expandable memory or storage?

The differance this time Terry is the full multi-touch (and multi-finger) reading surface. Before tablets had either very clunkey single press touch screens with no dragging ability and/or were styles/pen driven. This meant no QWERTY typing, just glorified hunt and peck. That or variable quality hand recognition software (anyone remember the Newton?). Most if not all of the upcoming "slate" devices have full touch surfaces.

I think for anyone who has done remote desktop control through the iPhone/iPod, there is very little question about the quality of the multi-touch sensors (and in the iPhone/iPod little question about the ability of the OS to process that input). The question for now is, what more can it do that a Netbook with QWERTY keyboard and little mouse nub/tackpad does. That goes for all the "slate" devices. The follow-up question is "who does what, and how much better then the others."

As to memory expansion on the iPad, there is an attachable SD card reader accsessor. Altough it is unclear how it's data will be acessed or if you can on/off load other items besides pictures and movies taken with a camera.

enso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In response to : Do i have de the right to have some serious doubt's ...

And a new one....

Enso-now.com - The new ensopad Wifi 3G with Google Android 2.0

Which is devoid of almost any information.

Then there's the JooJoo of course

JooJoo

Who else has found new ones?

I already got in Hand the JooJoo and the device is really ready to come out, i guess they wait the result from the US justice where Michael Arrigton put them

The only weak point i found is the processor speed and the weight (of course the price need to be adjust) but i believe this device can find some customer ..

personally i really prefer th Ipad possibility especially due to large choice of App's and the security about the update Apple will ensure and i guess for most of us is the same

PS: Whois.net - Domain Names
Domain Name: enso-now.com
Created On: 04-Feb-2010 00:00:00
Google about : Enso Co Ltd Hong Kong = UNKNOW

Do i have de the right to have some serious doubt's about you're products and company ??

We are a new company obviously, because the product we are selling is the Shenzhen Smit MID-560, google that. We intend to rebrand it with Enso and build an high quality customer care, and technical support in proper English. This is somewhat Chinese companies will achieve in the future. Now we are in the process of building a business, a website, a reputation, you won't find much on google right now, since we just started out. Anyway your concerns do make sense because it is generally safer to do business with larger, established companies. We are going to put our best efforts on this, and ultimately, transparency and honesty. Please visit our website in the next weeks for more informations. The Chinese New Year holiday are slowing business down a bit, and i right now i have got some info but couldn't yet get the lot i have ordered, there is some delay on the schedule. But i have examined well the videos, visited the factory, and talked with Mr Philip Zhou, whom works for the Shenzhen Smit company ( the manufacturer ) and ensure everything is genuine and real. So, it is definitely you choice what to buy and from who to buy.

Thanks for your insightful question. Alberto Armandi

P.S. You can also by phone, the numbers are listed on the website. So you if you want to have a talk for suggestions, i am glad to listen to you, or just add my skype at jjfarren

Last edited:

enso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
RACISM was not the main point

Dear IpadOne,

I want to make it clear that we are an Hong Kong Company, founded by Europeans. Our product is a rebranding with some software improvement, of the Smit 560, here it is MID-560£¨Android MID£©__Mobile internet device__shenzhen state micro technology co.,ltd. I am aware that the front page of enso-now.com looks sketchy, but at the end, there is no scam at all. We have offices in Hong Kong and Shenzhen, if you need further clarifications you can give me a call to one of the numbers listed on our website. I do agree with you anyway on the general reliability of Chinese companies.( The previous sentence does not mean in any way to sound racist.) I just mean that China is developing and they have some time to go, before they get to American/European standards. That is we are in business, we will offer decent English language customer care, high standards dealing with payment, shipping, warranty, privacy, etc. The lack of informations and high resolution pictures on our website is due to the fact that we are waiting for the delivery of our first batch. Get back to us in a week or two, then the website will be updated and you will not "hopefully, feel like calling us "scammer" again.

Thanks
Alberto Armandi
[email protected]

Dear Enso, i didn't see any racist word in my post, i am living and working in Asia (and my wife is Chinese) for almost 15 years, so i think i can say i know well the pratice of many Shenzhen company ... and my comment is based on what you let see in you're web site like many scammer do : a 3D rendering picture some evasive data.

Maybe is the first products you devellop, but for my self we have developed 11 brands and 83 products (some be developed by us for Skype), yet i am developing a brand and a range of products for Ipad and Touch Screen tablet, you will not see me disclosing detailed informations and 3D rendering pictures untill i have the mass production sample in hand that will avoid doubt's from fake and non existing products like scammer and cheater do.

I guess you try to attract funding and maybe order in advance for prepaid you're dev charge and prod cost, but believe me that will not work if you need funding you do better to try to got business angel :) :)

For conclude i sincerely wish you a great success with you're products

Hi, thanks for your answer. Racism was never meant to take its way into what i said. Racism is completely out of my mind. I am aware of the scammers out there, i am sorry for the poor work on the website, but that will change soon. I just can't cope with everything lately. And about the funding, we have some, not much, but enough to start up.

Glad to know somebody in the industry too, my skype is jjfarren, please add me if you like to. Thanks a lot for your great insights.

Alberto Armandi

Last edited:

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And a new one....

Enso-now.com - The new ensopad Wifi 3G with Google Android 2.0

Which is devoid of almost any information.

Then there's the JooJoo of course

JooJoo

Who else has found new ones?

I already got in Hand the JooJoo and the device is really ready to come out, i guess they wait the result from the US justice where Michael Arrigton put them

The only weak point i found is the processor speed and the weight (of course the price need to be adjust) but i believe this device can find some customer ..

personally i really prefer th Ipad possibility especially due to large choice of App's and the security about the update Apple will ensure and i guess for most of us is the same

PS: Whois.net - Domain Names
Domain Name: enso-now.com
Created On: 04-Feb-2010 00:00:00
Google about : Enso Co Ltd Hong Kong = UNKNOW

Do i have de the right to have some serious doubt's about you're products and company ??

We are a new company obviously, because the product we are selling is the Shenzhen Smit MID-560, google that. We intend to rebrand it with Enso and build an high quality customer care, and technical support in proper English. This is somewhat Chinese companies will achieve in the future. Now we are in the process of building a business, a website, a reputation, you won't find much on google right now, since we just started out. Anyway your concerns do make sense because it is generally safer to do business with larger, established companies. We are going to put our best efforts on this, and ultimately, transparency and honesty. Please visit our website in the next weeks for more informations. The Chinese New Year holiday are slowing business down a bit, and i right now i have got some info but couldn't yet get the lot i have ordered, there is some delay on the schedule. But i have examined well the videos, visited the factory, and talked with Mr Philip Zhou, whom works for the Shenzhen Smit company ( the manufacturer ) and ensure everything is genuine and real. So, it is definitely you choice what to buy and from who to buy.

Thanks for your insightful question. Alberto Armandi

P.S. You can also by phone, the numbers are listed on the website. So you if you want to have a talk for suggestions, i am glad to listen to you, or just add my skype at jjfarren
Hi Alberto (Enso),

I already see you're selling offer in E-Bay, i didn't talk about that because as you clearly say the products is not yet available and i also guess you will rebrand it.

What i can say about you're post here is you start too early to publish t you're products.

I can say that based on my long experience in electronic's development from the working sample to the mass production have an ocean you cannot cross by swimming, i will give you an example last year we start to develop a Car hand-free for Iphone (yet no competitor) in a well know technology but as my main target is affordable price we take face at some technical disturbance that took us 2,5 month for totally solve it on this project work 4 qualify engineer, but until i don't have the top quality the market are looking for i refuse to sell it like this even some of my customer test working sample and they say the quality is acceptable i refuse to sell it, why i don't publish any information and refuse to sell it, only because it's easy to make a buzz but it more fast to destroy a reputation ...

My advice can be something like this: If you believe in you're products wait to have it, to test it before start the promotion you have more to win by acting too fast ...

iPadBoy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.teenagerswithaspergers.com
Let's face it, the HP and Dell ones are crap. They most likely won't be hurting the iPad at all, for the sane reasons all the other MP3 players can't touch the iPod and all the Symbian Nokias aren't touching the iPhone - their stuff dosen't "just work", it's cluncky and unreliable, cheap and tacky, has no App Store, iBookstore or iTunes Store, and they don't have the Apple logo on the back.

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple has the coolness factor associated with its brand. Even if someone makes a better device it won't matter.

BTW: Don't knock China, where do you think that the making of the components for and the assembly of the ipad are done?:p

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipad is not for free, but is good for kick the donkey

Apple has the coolness factor associated with its brand. Even if someone makes a better device it won't matter.

BTW: Don't knock China, where do you think that the making of the components for and the assembly of the ipad are done?:p

As usual you just talk for talk and get the chance to have you're signature one more time somewhere in the net ...

@ Enso, don't listen jerk like that, keep you're entrepreneurship and let the donkey talk in the wind , my grand'ma always say : A donkey will always stay a donkey you will never change it and she is right

Most reactions